Why ia verizon service sooo slow in south florida davie fort lauderdale area compare to tmobile
Blubber80

ugh, I had tmobile before and switched to verizon, why is it soo slow especially indoors...is it the bandwidth frequency????  If I knew this, I would have never switched even if I had to put up with tmobile customer service.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: Why ia verizon service sooo slow in south florida davie fort lauderdale area compare to tmobile
bearone21
Legend

it depends where you are in relation to the antennas.  at best, the network will provide 5-12mbps.

Re: Why ia verizon service sooo slow in south florida davie fort lauderdale area compare to tmobile
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blubber80, we don't want you to be disheartened by your decision to switch to the VZW family. We're happy to have you and want to help if you're experiencing issues. Now there are a few factors that can affect the speeds you're experiencing. Indoor coverage can be one, as we cannot guarantee a consistent experience when indoors. There are numerous factors from everything to terrain and the materials of the building you're in, that can affect your service while indoors.

As bearone21 pointed out, you should experience LTE 4G speeds on average between 12 Mbps to 5 Mbps for download, and 5 Mbps to 2 Mbps for uploads. You can see this information on the following page: http://spr.ly/6587E6OOT

Now, routinely you'll get speeds higher than that, those are just the average we expect to see. To get an idea of what kind of data speeds you're experiencing, please run a speed test and share the results. If you need a site to do the speed test with, you can use the service at this link: http://spr.ly/6588E6OOp

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

bearone21
Legend

yes indeed, i use ookla to check everything for both network & wi-fi speeds.

mid day, it's not uncommon to see 1-2mbps on the network...& wi-fi gives close to 90mbps after the network check & i'm in a major city with 4g.

0 Likes
randehrl

Check your unlimited plan. Some (especially the 55plus Unlimited) of VZW's wireless plans slow down (throttle?) your speed during "congestion", or if you go over a certain amount of data. It's automatic with some of the Unlimited Plans. Ask a VZW rep about it.

0 Likes