Why is Software update happening over and over
RICLOU0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy S5, I load the Software update. It completes and I get Software loaded successfully. They I get another popup asking to load the software. I have done it 5 times thinking it is multi steps.

How do I get it to stop?

R

0 Likes
Re: Why is Software update happening over and over
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Try to clear the cache partition in recovery mode first if that does not work try here

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
RICLOU0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally success. Connected to Mac instead of OTA. 10th load, install, reboot finally succeeded.

RICLOU0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't get to try this. Not sure if it would work. Finally succeeded.

Thanks for your option any way.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Just glad that you have a working phone no matter how it got done just that it didSmiley Happy

0 Likes
Princeinflorida

I just got a new Galaxy S5 that was an Overstock item. It had an earlier version of Android from the time of manufacturer maybe 2014. For about 5 times after each Android update I got a notice that an Android update was available. The notice disappeared after the final update that is available. Apparently Android updates in steps and not directly to the final update. Now when I check for updates it says that no new updates are available.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

This is the latest update for the S5    G900VVRS2DQD1

What version do you have on your phone now?

If you hook up your phone to a computer and go to this website and get this software it will update your phone to the current version

Software Update - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes