Why is my S5 not eligible for insurance?
LTVC

Have two phone with the  $11/month protection plan and trying to add my S5 but says not eligible. Why? It has a cracked screen but I would only use it for total loss with the $150 deductible

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is my S5 not eligible for insurance?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, LTVC. We understand the importance of protecting your smartphone. You can add insurance to a phone at any time, as long as it in during open enrollment or 30 from the day of activation. However, adding insurance to a phone with existing damage is considered insurance fraud, and we are not able to do such a thing. You can get the phone repaired through the manufacturer and then apply for insurance coverage.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's 2 years old.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, LTVC. We understand the importance of protecting your smartphone. You can add insurance to a phone at any time, as long as it in during open enrollment or 30 from the day of activation. However, adding insurance to a phone with existing damage is considered insurance fraud, and we are not able to do such a thing. You can get the phone repaired through the manufacturer and then apply for insurance coverage.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes