Re: Why is my battery draining after the update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reviewing these steps, jim_ohio. Out of curiosity, do you have any apps that may utilize the camera app? (Skype, etc) Please try disabling/uninstalling apps of this kind that aren't pre-installed, to see if you notice any differences in battery life. Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jim_ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, they only thing going on with my phone is email, text messages and clash of clans which was on my phone prior to the update.

0 Likes
Scoobyshack
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem as well.  Even went so far as to do a Factory Data Rest and reinstall my applications.   Battery lasting 4 hours max and the phone is overheating.  Please fix this, Verizon

0 Likes
keltoid

I'll tell you why - because Verizon is incompetent with phones.  Pretty ironic, huh.

They act like its normal for you to have no battery life on your phone you paid a pretty penny for.  In my case, I've had my S3 for less than 2 years and I can't use it the last 3 days due to it won't charge.  Like one of the Flintstones, I have to take my charger and keep it plugged in wherever I am so I can maybe collect my text messages and voicemails...  I have like no apps, screen set to barely visible -- but still the battery became useless in that time.  And I can't get a new battery for the S3, because the Verizon stores apparently don't carry them anymore (to hell with you, customer!!)  so I have to go and try and dig up one somewhere else online.

I will be filing a complaint. 

0 Likes
steelyrick

Ditto. Has anybody gotten anywhere with this?

0 Likes
fastlane99

I'm still in the same boat after the update, except I've started to notice issues with wifi connectivity. And it doesn't seem to matter whose wifi I'm connected to. I've checked and done everything that's been suggested. I don't know why they keep suggesting a factory reset...that's not a solution! That's a poor attempt at a guess! Clearly there's a string in the update that caused this issue.

0 Likes
DickWestphal

I have had my S4 for several months and it replaced my OLD HTC Thunderbolt.  To be on the safe side, I always carried a spare battery in my pocket and would need to use it now and then.  Nearly 2 weeks ago, I got the update for Kit Kat and have been sorry every since.  I don't have to use my S4 for business since I am retired so don't have the heavy use with many calls and Texts.  Since the update, I have been wishing I had my old Thunderbolt back.  By cocktail hour (5 PM), the phone is nearing shutdown.  Right now, I think the only thing better on the S4 than the Thunderbolt is the camera.  I am wishing that I had paid attention to my friend who recommended the Droid Maxx.  I hate the idea of carrying around a spare battery.  Dump the Kit Kat update or offer our choice for a new phone without penalty.

0 Likes
jim_ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I have done it all , re-sets. lost my clash of clans and have to start over. replase the the wall plug, the charging cable etc..

And this morning my phone lasted until 10:30 and it was out of battery and shut off in the middle of a meeting.

When are you goig to admit there is an issue with the kitkat version that was pushed out and either restore the old version or pushout a fix?

I know there are most likely up some firmware updates too and it is a pain to back out  those changes but something needs to be done. I can't walk around with  100 ft extension cord and my phone plugged in at the office.

If the S4 isn't able to run kitkat with out issues. Was the S5 built and tested with Kitkat? And how do I get one for free!!!!!!!  My kid keeps deferring his update and his phone is still holding a charge all day.  Two exact phone one on JB and one on Kitkat. Both phones were bought at the same time from the same store. The kitkat version is killing the battery and the JB phone still works just fine. QA is done. it is Kitkat.

I switched to Version less then a year ago after being with T-mobile for 9 years. Now I understand why T-mobile didn't run on pushing out new releases.

tewman

Although they won't admit it, it's due to Verizon's bad programing.

0 Likes
skkflowers

I found that my phone kept trying to find "the cloud" to backup my contacts, music, etc. I personally don't need to backup anything except maybe every few months, so I will do it manually. The phone would not let me delete the backup assistant but when I deleted "the cloud" app, my phone's charge would at least last the day. I'm in a semi rural area, so do not always have a strong signal. I understand the GPS app can drain power quickly too. I had a Droid X for 4 years and thought they would have improved the battery life in phones in that time, but I guess not.

0 Likes