Re: Why is my battery draining after the update?
rojas6175

I am also having this issue. Ever since the update, I have had many problems. My battery has been draining quicker than usual and I haven't changed anything. My phone also gets "stuck" especially when I'm trying to text. It freezes for about a minute. My screen has blacked out and I've had to pull the battery. It has randomly shut off. Also, it does not charge properly. I have the original charger and it'll say that my device will charge slowly because it's not the original charger. I usually go to the task manager and close out any applications. Before the update there were only about 20 applications running... now there is anywhere form 40-50 applications running!!!

0 Likes
jim_ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue, I don't have Bluetooth on, GPS is off, and don't use WIFI.  The sync wasn't working on my phone with my email so I had to turn on syncing under the data setting.   I used to be able to go all day without charging my phone now I make to 10:00 and it is dead. I use the charging cord and plug that came with the phone. If I use the USB port on my PC to charge my phone, that doesn't charge at all with the cord that came with the phone.

Did any of you notice the phone is hotter than is used to be since the update happened. My outterbox feels like it is going to melt.

THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN BEFORE THIS UPDATE WAS PUSHED OUT!!!!

0 Likes
ltg123

I am having the same issue as Jim - No Bluetooth, no GPS, no Wifi.  Sync not working.  Charge holds maybe 4 hours, used to hold for a day or so.  WTH?

0 Likes
jim_ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can get your sync working by going under setting/data uages then hit the option button on the screen and select auto sync.  I think that cause everything to sync all the time, I just check my data uage and it is though the roof so far.

Anyone know how to roll back the change?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its frustrating to have issues with your phone after an update rojas6175. I first recommend safe mode to check if an app is causing issues. When you enable safe mode, add each application you want to keep one at a time and wait a few hours to add the next until. Once you start to have issues after adding an application, try removing that specific one until so you don't have as many issues. If you continue to have problems, a factory reset may be needed. Here are the steps for safe mode http://vz.to/1m8Mjg4 and here are the steps for a factory reset http://vz.to/PTQNYF . Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's explore options to resolve this battery issue jim_ohio! I had similar issues after updating my software and I resolved all post software update issues (including battery quick discharge) by doing a hard reset. http://vz.to/1mZotDR Give it a try.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
lizarddjp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue, I was planning on calling technical support to get help.  I just got the phone last month.  Did the upgrade a week ago.  My battery does not last my 7 hour work day.  I have been bringing charger to work.  I have no apps running.  I was thinking I had a defective phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jim_ohio,

Oh no, I am sorry to hear your battery is draining quite rapidly since the software update. However, once you update your software there is not way to go back to a previous software.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jwarren

Same issue.  Battery used to last all day,   could skip a night charge, and would still have use in morning.  Now 3-5 hours at best.  Phone is really hot.  Tried battery removal. No difference.  Not sure why that was even suggested.

Resetting the phone with all 8 email accounts, several cloud accounts, vpn settings and data backup s, etc is a 2 hour adventure.   Anyone figured this out?  What is the culprit?   Really won't have time to do complete reset until mid June at best.   Until then, I have a much less than useful s4.  Ugh!

0 Likes
jim_ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did all the troublue shooting steeps. Even the restore to factory defaults and my battery life is still nothing. I can't belive there is not way to roll back to ealier release. That isn't very good.

0 Likes