Why is my device disconnecting from wi-fi?
inavydoc

I owned a Galaxy S-3 and never had a issue with my Wi-Fi. But since I have switched over to the S-4 I cannot keep a connection to my Wi-Fi at my home.  My Wireless Router is Not out of date and No changes have been Made. My IPod and my laptop connects as do my Desktop PC. But My Galaxy S-4 disconnects stating that the signal is weak.  I can Stand right next to the router and get the same message.. I reboot my Router and no changes.. I reboot the phone and I get a connection but within 5 minutes it disconnects.. Please don't tell me I made a mistake switching from US Cellular to Verizon and switching my Reliable S-3 to a S-4???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Please fix the Wifi Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you connected inavydoc because we certainly do not want you to have any regrets! I understand you are experiencing difficulties with your wifi connetion. How is your internet connection when you are not connected to wifi?

The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a feature called Auto Switch network. Can you try ensuring this feature is not enabled. The purpose of the feature is to fall back to the cellular network when the Wi-Fi link becomes poor. The setting can be found by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap the Menu Key(to the left of the home button) > Select Advanced and it is called `Auto network switch. Ensure the box is not checked and test wifi network.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

change router channel to 11, type 192.168.1.1 in address a bar.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you connected inavydoc because we certainly do not want you to have any regrets! I understand you are experiencing difficulties with your wifi connetion. How is your internet connection when you are not connected to wifi?

The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a feature called Auto Switch network. Can you try ensuring this feature is not enabled. The purpose of the feature is to fall back to the cellular network when the Wi-Fi link becomes poor. The setting can be found by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap the Menu Key(to the left of the home button) > Select Advanced and it is called `Auto network switch. Ensure the box is not checked and test wifi network.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes