Why is there no sound on my S6?
auntieanj
Enthusiast - Level 1

My niece is having sn issue with her galaxy s6.  When using her phone thete us no sound - it connects but there is no ringing sound on her end and she is unable to make anyone hear her on the other end.  Her text works fine just no phone.....  Is there anything she should check?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No sound
auntieanj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Reset phone by turning off and restarting it after a few minutes - works

fine now. Thanks

On Jan 26, 2016 3:22 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A phone without sound defeats the main purpose of having it, auntieanj. Let’s get to the bottom of it. How long has her phone been like this? Does it have audio when using an alternate sound source, such as speakerphone or Bluetooth?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
auntieanj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Reset phone by turning off and restarting it after a few minutes - works

fine now. Thanks

On Jan 26, 2016 3:22 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
christatalbott

My phone just stopped playing any kind of sound, except for vibrate. I've rebooted, but nothing changes. When I rebooted, the theme I have on my phone, the locked screen went default.  Phone works fine, but I'm not getting any sound. My updates are updated as of this morning, so I have no idea what is going on. Can someone help me? I'm invalid and am unable to go to a store at this time, maybe get help over the phone?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your phone rocking again with the sounds enabled! I apologize for the inconvenience. What model is your phone? Did this start after installing a new application or when updating the software on the phone? Does the phone show any signs of physical or liquid damage?

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
christatalbott

Hey. Phone was officially dead (refurbished phone), sent back to provider, got refund (under warranty), upgraded to s8.

That, too, is refurbished, so we shall see how long this one lasts!

Thanks for your help anyway!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are very welcome. We want to make sure your concerns are addressed and that your service is working for your phone as needed. Keep us updated on your progress. Also, if you have not signed up for our rewards program please take a moment to review the following link here m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial. You could be missing out on free or discounted items just for being a rewards member. Have a wonderful day!

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes