Why is there no update for my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Marshmallow?
Cjwarden15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see that there is an update to Marshmallow 6.0.1 for all the S6 models but it doesn't have one for the S6 Edge Plus? I was wondering if it will ever get it or not? I have been reading in on it and it says that the S5 will also be getting the update, but why would the S5 get it before the S6 Edge Plus? Further more why would the regular S6 phones get it before the Plus and the Note 5? They are way more capable to use the update than the regular S6 phones.

Re: Why is there no update for my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Marshmallow?
daunting
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am wondering the same thing. It is somewhat frustrating that the other S6 models including the Edge have the update but we are still waiting and have not received any update since December for the S6 Edge+.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the latest update to software is of course a great part of the phone operation. The updates are designed and implemented by the phone manufacturer and they woudl be the best source of information on any updates. 
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
daunting
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. This update is available from Samsung and many other providers have released 6.0.1 for the Edge+. Verizon has yet to do so and I was wondering if you could provide an ETA and/or if this update will be released at all.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

daunting, we want you to get the latest updates as soon as possible. I wished we had the expected date. Our best resource for that will be this link: http://goo.gl/mxTyZo.

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Thumperquick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just looked at the update page on Verizon and it looks like there is an update coming out on Monday.