Why isn't VZW being proactive with the voice quality problem on the Samsung Galaxy S5?
Lola_Flamingo

Why isn't Samsung, along with Verizon Wireless, addressing the poor voice quality with the Galaxy S5?  The blogs are filled with complaints on this issue.  I've had my S5 phone for 3 weeks and everyone complains that my voice sounds like I'm in a tunnel.  I've been in touch with VZW's Care Center, as well as a local Verizon Wireless store.  No one has any answers.  I wanted a new phone (within my first 14 days) and the VZW store told that they would put in a new SIM card and to try it out for a week.  Now you watch - when I take it back, they will offer me a REFURBISHED phone.  How 'bout you, Verizon Wireless, going to bat for us?  After all, you are selling this Samsung product.  I'm very unhappy.  I've paid almost $700 for a phone (under the EDGE program) that doesn't perform well as a phone.  I love all the other features, but isn't this a SmartPHONE?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why isn't VZW being proactive with the voice quality problem on the Samsung Galaxy S5?
BG1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I unchecked Noise reduction and my caller said it sounded better. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why isn't VZW being proactive with the voice quality problem on the Samsung Galaxy S5?
Snn5
Legend

This is no consolation really, but the G2 S5 and more soon have HD voice. Look up Advanced Calling 1.0.  It may or may not help.  You may already know about it.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disable any of the software "audio processing" features of the S5. You can find these while in a call by tapping your menu button.

Also, enable VoLTE.

0 Likes
phixx79
Contributor - Level 1

It is a known bug.  They know about it.  If you call and speak to someone about it they will walk you through some steps, but ultimately they do acknowledge it is a problem.  Just have patience.  You have to follow a certain process to get a replacement.

0 Likes
Lola_Flamingo

I think I may have found a work-around for the poor call quality on the Samsung Galaxy S5.  I typically hold the phone up to my left ear. But I changed the phone to my right ear, and the call quality improved somewhat. As best as I can determine, I think it's because the microphone (which is to the left of the charging port) changes position when you have the phone to your right ear, and your voice then projects differently. The microphone should be centered on the device; it's just a bad design.  Short of a recall on this phone, I guess this is only solution.  One last comment:  if I'm holding the phone with my right hand and then have to write something with my right hand, it becomes a problem unless I'm on speaker or using a headset.

0 Likes
BG1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I unchecked Noise reduction and my caller said it sounded better. 

0 Likes