Why won't my Galaxy 7s connect to my network extender?
pstudt
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Galaxy 7s won't connect to my Verizon Network Extender. Galaxy 5s connects to the extender fine.

I did read something about having a 4g signal and having these connection problems with the phone.

I turned off the Advanced Calling, which is the only advice I've seen, but it didn't help.

My partners 7s doesn't connect to the extender either.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy 7s won't connect to network extender
pstudt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is the correct answer:

Turn off Advanced Calling. Change network mode to LTE/CDMA. Get close to network extender and call #48. You should get "You are under network extender coverage". Bars are now at 4.

View solution in original post

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Good first troubleshooting step would be to reset the NE.  Find the reset button on the device and hold it down for 10-15 seconds with the power on.  The device should flash all lights and reboot itself.  Reconfigure the NE if necessary from there and confirm if the problem is consistent or not.

0 Likes
pstudt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot find a reset button either on the unit or in any of the documentation.

Also, how do you reconfigure the unit. There is nothing in the documentation about configuring the unit as it is not accessible by computer, etc.

0 Likes
pstudt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is the correct answer:

Turn off Advanced Calling. Change network mode to LTE/CDMA. Get close to network extender and call #48. You should get "You are under network extender coverage". Bars are now at 4.

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Nice, thanks for sharing!

0 Likes