Re: Wi-Fi calling doesn't work, or requests Airplane mode to be turned off
kenshirk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem. 

Started yesterday, 9/27. Android v. 11, Samsung s10e.

I've used WiFi calling in airplane mode since 2018, first on my LG G7 think, and now on my Samsung. Yesterday it stopped working. Went to the Verizon store. Was told that WiFi calling never works in airplane mode, but I know that's not true, since I've been doing it for almost 4 years. So now I have airplane mode off with WiFi calling on, but I know it's not working because with my weak cell signal, calls are dropping now.

But here's The other thing: WiFi calling in airplane mode still works on my LG G7 ThinQ! It's an older phone with an older OS that isn't getting OTA updates anymore.

So something Verizon pushed out recently has corrupted WiFi calling, and they aren't owning up to it.

0 Likes
kenshirk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem.

Started yesterday, 9/27. Android v. 11, Samsung s10e.

I've used WiFi calling in airplane mode since 2018, first on my LG G7 thinQ, and now on my Samsung. Yesterday it stopped working. Went to the Verizon store. Was told that WiFi calling never works in airplane mode, but I know that's not true, since I've been doing it for almost 4 years. So now I have airplane mode off with WiFi calling on, but I know it's not working because with my weak cell signal, calls are dropping now.

But here's The other thing: WiFi calling in airplane mode still works on my LG G7 ThinQ! It's an older phone with an older OS that isn't getting OTA updates anymore.

So something Verizon pushed out recently has corrupted WiFi calling, and they aren't owning up to it.

0 Likes
droidisajoke

My phone is now useless.  Cell signal at our house is awful - non-existent really.  Without wifi calling we cannot make or receive calls or texts.  Even when I turn off airplane mode and connect to wifi, the phone insists on using the cellular network.

Good luck reaching anyone at tech support.  Even level 2 isn't answering the phone.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@droidisajoke wrote:

My phone is now useless.  Cell signal at our house is awful - non-existent really.  Without wifi calling we cannot make or receive calls or texts.  Even when I turn off airplane mode and connect to wifi, the phone insists on using the cellular network.

Good luck reaching anyone at tech support.  Even level 2 isn't answering the phone.

You have to turn airplane mode ON, then turn Wi-Fi back ON.   In that order. 
this is how you force Wifi calling.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need, kenshirk. What error are you receiving when using Wi-Fi Calling with Airplane Mode turned off, on your Samsung S10e?

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

droidisajoke, we certainly want you to always have a working phone. Are you still having the trouble?-Tionna

0 Likes