Wi-Fi connection issues
lindasposies

Galaxy S5 suddenly stopped connecting to wi fi.

0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi connection issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lindasposies, I understand the importance of having the ability to connect to Wi-Fi as it is the way we stay low on our data usage. Help is here to ensure this happens today.  Let’s start by obtaining some information from your first. Has there been any recent software updates? Sorry to ask but are you providing the correct Wi-Fi password? Lastly, try putting the device in safe mode and then try connecting to Wi-Fi. Please keep us posted if safe mode worked as we can then proceed with more troubleshooting. Click here for the steps on safe mode. http://vz.to/1NFBtLg

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lindasposies

It was an internet disconnection issue with my computer, but it’s been solved. Thank you very much.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so happy to hear that it is working again. Thank you for the update, lindasposies

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JLinFW

Related to this issue, my Samsung Galaxy S5 has developed an issue. For the past two days, my phone will disconnect from my home WiFi without warning. I only became aware of the issue because I received a text from Verizon telling me that I was about to encounter data overage issues. When I go into settings to check the status of the WiFi I discover that WiFi is turned on but for some reason it is not connected to my home WiFi. It has repeatedly occurred even after I reconnect to the WiFi and see the word "connected" under my home WiFi name. Verizon Associate, will you please assist me. I've restarted and even turned off and turned back on after a prolonged period of  time. I look forward to your response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you checked to make sure your Smart Network Switch is turned off? Go to Settings> WiFi> More> Smart Network Switch> Off.

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes