WiFi Connectivity Issues
jennyvp

Hello,

I noticed a few threads in this board with the same issue, and tried all of the recommendations to no avail. I also went in to the verizon store and wasted an hour of my time with less than helpful employees who think they know everything.

I bought 2 new S7's a week and a half ago, and have had persistent issues with one of them regarding wifi, While im on Wifi I cannot download apps, play youtube videos, or videos on facebook. I don't get notifications on a timely basis either. My router firmware and software is up to date, as is my phones. I can browse google, facebook, manually refresh my gmail and do other things that I guess don't use as much data on the wifi. I am extremely irritated that I paid a lot of money for phones that are not working as they should. Verizon put in a new sim card and did a hard reset, and it still is not working. I'm not sure what to do at this point. My 14 days are almost up, and i expressed this to the verizon employees who seemed to think just because they got it "working", ie. receiving notifications for a few minutes, that it was fine. It is not. And i'm not happy,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Connectivity Issues
jennyvp

I should also note that every other device in my house works just fine on my Wifi, as the verizon employees kept trying to blame my wifi connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jennyvp,

It is never good to hear you are having issues with your device. Does it have the connection problems on WiFi and cellular? Is advanced calling active on both devices? http://spr.ly/6583BWohD
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jennyvp, I definitely understand the importance of having all your features work properly especially on a brand new phone. I’d like to provide assistance so that this does happen for you. I do have some questions for you to see if we can pin point the issue.

Is this occurring on just the one Wi-Fi or have you tried multiple Wi-Fi connections? I am not trying to blame your home router but simply trying to diagnose the issue.

Who is your current home internet provider?

Is power saving mode is on, please turn it off. Setting>Battery>Power Save Mode.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes