Wifi Calling will not stop notifications
STEHIC68

I have an S8, and continually receive the Wifi calling notification. I have tried saving my 911 address and hitting save. It tells me wifi calling is ON, which is fine. It continues notifying me repeatedly to verify my 911 address. I tried to go to the Wifi Calling app settings and deleting data, force stop. The app still continues to notify me. I try to select Cancel which turns it off. It still continues to notify me. I seem to be out of options as to how to make this stop.

I don't want Wifi calling and would prefer just to remove the thing completely. Please help.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi Calling will not stop notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping your device in order is certainly important. I would be glad to help get to the bottom of the Wi-Fi calling. To ensure we are aligned, I do have a couple questions. When did the notifications begin? Has anything changed with the phone? (setting changes, software update, etc.)

Jaime_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STEHIC68

The notifications began 2 software updates ago. I think after Oreo was pushed to my phone. The worst of the notifications was when i was in a class where Verizon service was unavailable. THe WIFI notificaiton was relentless, repeatedly alerting me during class until i disconnected from WIFI.

My preference would be to uninstall WIFI calling app from my phone. I'm going to assume you wont allow that and i must continue to troubleshoot this app?

Having said that, now that i'm out of class, i now have Verizon service available again and the notifications have ceased. At this point i'd just like this to serve as a complaint until there is a resolution for this problem...which, by searching the forum, i see many of your other customers also have.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This has certainly been going on far too long, STEHIC68. The great news is that we may have a way to fix this WiFi Calling notification! 

When you get the notification, open it, (the notification), and scroll down to read the Terms and Conditions. (Select/open Terms and Conditions.) From here, select Cancel, and the notifications should stop altogether. 

Please let us know if this works for you. 

Vanessa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
BRIBEL53
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is only a temporary fix. There seems no be no pattern to it.  It just pops up on my S8. My notification has been on my screen for a week straight. I've given up  it's frustrating to pay premium prices for something and have problems with it.

0 Likes