Re: Wifi Connection issue
Neal_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann, yes and it is up to date. ASUS said my settings should work. I have read that a lot of Galaxy Nexus 4 users started having exactly my issue once they updated to 4.3. Still the fact yours is working fine leads me back to a Samsung production problem. I still have until Jan 15 to return/exchange this phone. I might try that Jan 14 (to give the store some time to run through their problem stock) Hate to do all the setup again! Otherwise,besides being a little gimmicky, I like this phone a lot.

0 Likes
nevergrownup

Hello,

I am new to this site, found it by searching for S4 / Verizon wi-fi issues. Unfortunately it looks like there has not been any clear answers that work for everyone on the wi fi password retention problem. I have the same problem on my S4. I also have 2 S3's that have not had any problems at all!   I have the latest Comcast router, and great internet connection.

I did update the phone software, but this did not fix.

Costco, (where I bought the phone service) simply tells me to contact Verizon, and if they can not remedy this problem, they will send me a new phone....I am wondering what the chances are?

I have attempted many of the suggestions from this group, but the problem persists. Does anybody have a valid suggestion on what to do next?

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update rdyxrolx. If you have reset the devices and still have issues, the best option would be to replace the device.  Have you had the device replaced?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport                                       

0 Likes
rdyxrolx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got a new phone three weeks ago, after the original S4 I was issued died. This phone has the exact same issues, after all updates, after all other attempts at communicating with both Verizon and Samsung. All other devices I use, including a new Verizon tablet, connect just fine to any network.

The problem is with THIS PHONE and others like it. Please, get with Samsung and sort this out. This issue will plague me, other users, and Verizon’s flagship phone for a long time to come if you don’t.

0 Likes
rdyxrolx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now, Verizon emails me and wants to know if I've replaced the phone. As a matter of fact, I have, three weeks ago. That was, in fact, one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had. I was traveling for work, and my phone died -- just went suddenly black -- just after we landed in Memphis. The store in Memphis not only found me an S3 to use until my new S4 came in, but delivered it to me at work that same day. I had to fly right back out the next morning, and being on the road just plain requires a way to communicate with airlines, coworkers, and home. Verizon knocked it outta the park.

So, yes, I've replaced the phone. I've run all updates. I've deleted and reconnected with every imaginable network. This issue is a Verizon and Samsung problem that's well-documented and pervasive. Telling customers to replace their routers is impractical. Is every airport and Starbucks going to replace their technology to comply with this device?

Please, Verizon -- work with Samsung, and solve this. You have customers with phones that simply don't work as advertised. Something is causing it. We'll cooperate to find it, but please, get this fixed.

0 Likes
Neal_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello rdyxlox,  As you suggested, I sent an email to Samsung support about my S4 issue (poor 5G Wifi connectivity).   Interestingly, the I545 model number was not even in the required dropdown box on the email page for submission so I hope my workaround gets the message to Samsung

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hear you loud and clear Timbo2000. Updates are meant to provide benefits to your device so I regret to learn of the difficulites you are experiencing with your wifi. After the recent update, have you tried to run your phone on safe mode? To learn how to run your phone on safe mode click http://vz.to/1dR8LRX then test device. If you are still experiencing difficulties please feel free to reach out to us.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Neal_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted Samsung  regarding the WiFi connection issues.  Surprisingly Samsung apparently  knows nothing about these problems!  The support link, FYI, covers  things such as "making sure your router is turned on."

Email correspondence information removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
captfrank
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem 3 other devices work fine including another g4 phone but my g4 has same message

0 Likes
mind20

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the .  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes