Re: Wifi Connection issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Clineja -

Sorry to hear that you have had trouble with your phone. We want to get that working for you! Does the problems persist in safemode?: http://vz.to/1hCWfLm . You said you are getting a message at work and at home. What is the message that you have been getting?

Look forward to getting that working for you,

BrianP_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rovinmoses
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am logged on to hotel network in Kauai using my samsung note3 10.1 -- no problem -- good strong signal.  However the Galaxy s4 has the problem connection disabled network too slow.  I have had this occur at other times in other locations. On the other hand it logs into our verizon/frontier home router and other public locations [starbucks, etc.] without a problem.  Must have something to do with particular systems/routers.

Hope samsung can fix the problem with an update.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details rovinmoses. I certainly do hope that you can connect to that network soon as we unfortunately can not support those issues. I certainly would suggest to reach out to Samsung for further support at 888-987-4357 or www.samsung.com/us/support/contact .  Thanks again for your time and please let us know of the results.

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
R_K_
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is well documented - I've been searching and have found the WiFi-GalaxyS4 issue in many android and other forums...

I, like MANY others, am having the same problem (with staying connected) - AND like many others, this is ONLY an issue at home!  No problems staying connected at the coffee shop, airport, etc etc.

I found many helpful S4 users on the forum, www.galaxys4forums.net and after reading through many posts, (including a few where people have done some pretty extensive trouble-shooting,

The only thing I've come up with that seems consistent across forums is to limit the router to 802.11g ONLY, and that seems to allow the S4 to stay connected.

I am trying that now (after updating my firmware, and switching from WEP to WPA and WPA2...

We shall see if that works...

I encourage you to check the galaxys4forums link - very helpful on a number of topics!

0 Likes
tylerpd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had this same issue for months since the update. Have even replaced my network hardware at home, just in case.

It appears that this latest update included some code to put the wifi connection to sleep and use 4G data in order to provide more billing for VZW.  Since the update, I've seen my data usage at least triple, yet my use habits have not changed.  When I turn off mobile data and turn wifi on, it works fine for about fifteen minutes.  After that, I have to turn off wifi, then turn it back on in order to refresh the phone's connection.  My other wifi devices are fine, packet traces show connection to the phone from the wifi router.  It just so happens that the phone isn't trying to send packets out the wifi connection, it wants to use the mobile data connection even though I've said NO.

I think it's quite clear what is happening here.

0 Likes
mercon4

I am having the same issue and Im getting super angry. my data is going over because I can't stay connected to WIFI anywhere home, work, anywhere. I should not be having to pay for these charges because the updates are horrible. I need to know how to fix this problem, resets don't work, nothing has worked, I have tried everything and Im frustrated!

0 Likes