Re: Wifi connection issues after update
kilroy37
Enthusiast - Level 2

How is there still no Fix for this?!? This has been an known issue for over 2 months and not a single thing has been done about it, except telling everyone to do a hard reset, which doesn't work. I spent a decent amount of money on a device that was supposed to be one of the best out there, only to have it ruined by update that is supposed to make it better.

0 Likes
Davidmig

TOTALLY AGREE!

If this isn't fixed by the end of the week I am going to bring my phone back to Verizon and tell them I want a new phone.

Not sure what they will do but I shouldn't have to keep a phone that can't even do what it is supposed to do.

0 Likes
mind20

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the .  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
cdchurch
Enthusiast - Level 3

For what it's worth, I'm still having issues too.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am seeing the same situation with my S4. Issue started with the 4.3 upgrade.

Now I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012 edition). With both devices conected to the same Wifi device (the modem supplied by Verizon as a part of my FiOS service) my S4 will sometimes switch to 4G and flash the message that my connection is too slow.

Funny thing....my Note 10.1 is quite content with the same signal, in the same room as the S4 and does NOT switch to 4G. Of course the Note 10.1 is running 4.1.2 as opposed to 4.3.

I ended up disabling the feature that allows the S4 to switch to 4G. This locks the S4 to Wifi, but I may see a banner every so often advising that I have a poor signal.

The fix for this and other S4 issues will have to come from Samsung. They are very much aware of the S4 issues (despite having been told that they are not).

But I do not hold out much hope for a fix at this point. With the S5's rollout in the not too distant future and the fact that Samsung is getting ready to push 4.4.x (Kit Kat) to S4 phones (a provider in France will be the first) my feeling is that Samsung will buy time and hope that the issues will be resolved with the 4.4.x

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cdchurch,

Thanks for checking in with us! I am sad to see you are still having these problems. Are they the same problems? Are others arising? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cdchurch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, same issues pretty much.  I've had some luck with setting the wifi advanced setting for 'keep wifi on during sleep' to 'never'.  It'll drop the wifi and when I wake the phone up, it seems to somewhat reliably re-connect.  But that is a lousy solution.  If I tell the phone to always keep the wi-fi on, it's bad.  It'll drop the connection, with bad side effects, such as unable to use the screen when it's on the verge of changing to 4G.  For example, phone rings, I can't answer the phone because the screen doesn't want to unlock until it establishes some form of IP connection over Wi-FI or 3G/4G.  I've done factory restore on it, hasn't helped.  It's frustrating.  I was all happy that switching to this phone got me unlimited minutes instead of the 450 I had, since I could rely on my wi-fi for data, as I lost my unlimited data.  Now I need to keep upping my data plan else have a non-usable phone.  This seems like a simple linux wi-fi driver issue that shouldn't be that hard to iron out.

0 Likes
kellyj71697
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is completely ridiculous.  I have read so many different threads about this issue. This is not an isolated issue, why wont Verizon just own up to it and fix it and fix it now?  It is not fair that I cannot connect to Wifi no matter where I am.  I have tried all the suggested fixes and nothing has worked, nothing.  I have 10MB of data and I went through that in 10 days. So I have to pay for more, why? Why isn't that given to me for free from Verizon?  I left Sprint after 15 years and am thinking of going back already. Why won't Verizon fix this?  Why are all their answers skating around the issue? This is poor business and I think it is time to go to the Attorney General and BBB. 

0 Likes
rebwie
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes ...I had a unlimited data plan ...and with all the issues on my galaxy 4 ,verizons tech tells me to turn wifi off to send texts because they haven't been going through for 3 weeks now...... FUNNY< how when I now pay for data plan,because Verizon no longer honors my unlimited data plan ,my phone cant even send texts through wifi.... good way to get more $ out of me

Frank1949
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have got to be kidding me. Stop reading the technician script and read the posts here and elsewhere. I have seen no example where this recommendation has worked and it is a great deal of trouble to go through for something that doesn't work. I have this problem with every location I go to. The common denominator us the S4 and it was not a problem I has before the 4.3 update.