Re: Wifi connection issues after update
Davidmig

That did not work me me either.

Have to manually turn of wifi then back on.

0 Likes
mirkel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. I have even tried to connect to the router manually.  The only way i can get it to works is to turn off the wifi and turn it back on. 

0 Likes
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

Add another unhappy GS4 owner here having this issue. Toggling WiFi OFF/ON seems to do the trick to allow me to reconnect. This happens to me on different routers, at work and at home, and is the only of my devices that has the problem.

I tried both the suggestions from Klue and vrr, neither fixed the problem for me.

HELP!

0 Likes
kilroy37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue... I really wish Verizon would answer us about this. It is causing me to use more data than i should be. I'm only about a week into my billing cycle and almost halfway to my data limit. It's starting to get quite annoying. This update was supposed to fix WiFi connectivity issues, not cause them.

0 Likes
NVMYRX8

Same problem here.  After update mine stopped auto connect wifi.  Tried the cache partition and that failed so wiped the phone.  Still didn't work, so Verizon sent me a refurb.  Still doing the same thing.  Spoke with someone in tech support today and they said Samsung is working on a fix... Looks like some of us are gonna hafta ride it out.

0 Likes
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same as me.

Verizon sent me a refurb unit. I activated it and updated to the latest software. Exact same problem as my old phone. I put the sim card back in my old phone and returned the refurb unit.

I called Verizon tech support and they transferred me over to Samsung tech support. That guy was absolutely useless, he recommended that I asked Verizon to send me a 3rd phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Davidmig,

Sotware updates should make the device sweeter! I apologize that this did not occur. Let's get this resolved. Sometimes after a large software update not all features restore properly. I would recommend a Hard Reset to the device in order to repair this feature http://vz.to/17xoyFv. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport 

0 Likes
kilroy37
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to other people on this forum, hard resetting doesn't work.

0 Likes
mortgagee
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to Samsung this was a problem with Verizon and the 4.22 update.  As a result in the past 24 hours they have made available the 4.3 update which you can push to your device by going to settings, about phone, check for updates.  I can confirm that the update to 4.3 fixed the problem.

No thanks to Verizon which, despite promises, did not notify me that this was the fix or that it was available.  The OS is based on a product (Android) designed by Google and then modified by both Samsung (i.e. Touchwiz) and Verizon (i.e. removing features & adding bloatware).   From my perspective the only party that decides to push out the updates to phones is Verizon so they are accountable for making sure it works properly before doing so!

On a bright note, the 4.3 update has blocking mode, optical reader and gear support.

0 Likes
kilroy37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the 4.3 update, got blocking mode optical reader, etc... yet still have the problem. So while it may have worked for you, you may have just gotten lucky.

0 Likes