Re: Wifi connection issues after update
mortgagee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sad to say your are correct...while it connected initially as soon as I moved from one Wifi to another it didn't re-connect unless I manually toggled off/on.  On the phone now with Samsung - this is a bit ridiculous!

0 Likes
kilroy37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, please keep us updated here if you get a solution.

0 Likes
mortgagee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung has no solution at this point.  Verizon not only has no solution but no clue.  My guess is that there are a ton of people having this problem that don't even realize it but will get a big surprise when they run a data overage due to Wifi not connecting. 

Both Samsung and Verizon claim there is no way to roll back to 4.21 which was the last version without the issue.  We need to be vocal and raise awareness among anyone else having this issue.

0 Likes
gmcarlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, the update 4.3 did not solve my issue and I am still having to toggle the "on/off" switch to get my wifi to connect to the router.  Please fix.

0 Likes
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

Installed my 4.3 update. At least now I have the WiFi ON/OFF toggle button back on the notifications panel, but the bigger issue persists. If I come in range of my WiFi networks, they are detected, but won't connect until WiFi is toggled OFF and back ON.

Trying to keep making some noise here. Verizon please respond!

0 Likes
Davidmig

Installed the 4.3 update also and still no change. Have to turn wifi off them on manually to connect

Also getting some security notice"unauthorized access to a secured area has been blocked" now when it connects to the wifi

0 Likes
mortgagee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm cautiously optimistic that I've found a cure.  I did a hardware wipe of the system cache by holding down volume up, home and power buttons until the phone vibrated and then, once logo appears releasing all buttons.  This brings up a menu with wipe system cache as an option.

I did this and it's now 1/2 hour later and I've turned the WIFI off and back on with successful re-connect 3 times.  The big question is whether there's something in the OS or an app that's going to repollute the cache and cause the problem to recur!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kilroy37,

Good afternoon! I am sorry to see that the latest software update has caused some issues with your device. I have assisted other customers with similar situations and we have been able to resolve all by doing a hard reset. Please try http://vz.to/1b59FYH and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
mortgagee
Enthusiast - Level 2

The wipe of the system cache turned out to NOT solve the problem.  I have just completed a hard reset and it is now working - will advise if this is still the case in a few hours because it's a pain to do a hard reset!

0 Likes
gmcarlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doing a factory reset and wiping out all of the data and accounts on the phone is a terrible idea.  It is almost more work to put back your accounts and data than it is to toggle the wifi on/off switch.  There has to and needs to be a better solution to this issue so that customers aren't using data that they don't intend to use.

0 Likes