Wireless Emergency Alerts S10+
HotdogAV8R

Wireless emergency alerts STILL not working. All settings are correct. Phone has been reset to factory defaults. Problem is on both S10+ phones that we have. Any other customers reporting the same problem??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Emergency Alerts S10+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HotdogAV8R, we're sorry that you're not receiving emergency alerts. Let's make sure we're both on the same page with everything so we can figure this out. Please review our FAQ page about Wireless Emergency alerts by clicking here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wireless-emergency-alerts-faqs/  On that page, please take note "10. I believe I was in a targeted geographic alert zone. Why didn't I receive a Wireless Emergency Alert?" Your device may have been receiving service in a different area, or even from an adjacent area cell site, which wasn't targeted by the alert. Signal coverage and device behavior also can affect whether you receive an alert. 

With that said, this is not an error or problem; it's more about where you're signal is being received. Does this information help? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
ToadKiller

I have the same problem with the Samsung S8+.

My work phone (ATT iPhone SE 2020) has received 3 wireless emergency alerts in the last month.  2 in the last 24 hours.  My Verizon Samsung S8+ which sits next to my work phone has received NONE of these alerts.  In fact, the last alert it received was in 2018 (before the upgrade to Android 9).

All settings are ON for ALL alerts on the samsung.

This is either a Verizon problem or a Samsung problem.  Either way the sh*t is broke.  Searching the internet shows this has been a problem with Samsung on Verizon for at least a year.  Fix this sh*t already.

0 Likes
ToadKiller

No, it does not help.  It's the same fake nonsense answer and link given for at least the last year across the internet by Verizon.  I have 2 phones sitting next to each other.  One gets the alerts, the Samsung does not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ToadKiller, we know the importance of ensuring that you receive Emergency Alerts. The link provided in this thread provides the information associated with the alerts and addresses why the alerts may not be received. Do you have questions surrounding this information? 

0 Likes