Wireless Network issues
MacGyverMU

Everything on the phone works perfect but as soon as it connects to the 5g network, I can't access internet. Vzw just sent me a new 5g Sim card but same thing. 4g area works fine. Help please. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Network issues
Giggles6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you using the Samsung Internet application on the device or another Search Engine (Google,Samsung, MicroEdge) to connect to the Web? Definitely sounds like a security feature on the search engine (Google most likely) . Try a different Search Engine and see if you have same issue. I am willing to bet that a security feature is clicked inside the application settings preventing the connection.  Check that your security setting in Google marked (Http ) is not clicked. I have had massive issues with web site security being expired as far as the search engine goes . I work in IT Security and it is a real issue right now. 

0 Likes
Giggles6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will add that I don't believe it is a network issue. It definitely seems to be a application security setting or a security setting on the device. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly look into why you are losing network connection between the switch. Please send us a Private note, so we may be able to better assist you.

*Gert

0 Likes
MacGyverMU

I tried all browsers including the Samsung browser. Same thing. Email won't sync either. 

0 Likes
MacGyverMU

I tried all browsers including the Samsung browser. Same thing. Email won't sync either. 

How do I send you a private note?

Sorry for the late reply.  I received no notification of responses. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the helpful information, MacGyverMU. We sent you a private note so we can continue working on this together. 

-Gerson

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MacGyverMu. Please reply to this private note so we can continue working on this together.

-Gerson

0 Likes
MacGyverMU

Hello. I don't mind having to keep my phone at 4g but still would like the ability to use the 5g if needed. When the phone connects to 5g, I have no internet connection available at all. Not email, Samsung browser, Firefox or Chrome.  Everything else including phone calls, text and mms messages all still work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for contacting us. Let's take a look at what's going on with your phone. In order to do this, I need to access your account. By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6001KcaP7

*Debbie

0 Likes