Re: You Guys wont believe this
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That's definitely insurance. Have you tried to actually get in direct contact with someone to figure out what's going on?

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

I prefer the chat method so I can do other things while I wait, it's located at the bottom.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Assuming you had insurance, if you had broken your phone then Asurion would replace for a deductible of $99-149.  If you were returning the phone based upon warrantied hardware failure, then you would receive a replacement at no charge.  If your phone was inspected and found to have physical damage, Verizon would send you photos of the damage.  As far as "free" phone...no such thing.  You would be paying for the new phone in full cost plus the $40 upgrade fee within the terms of a 2 year contract.  However, at this point, you have a damaged device return charge and a replacement phone.

B33
Legend

Asurion is your monthly Insurance there are a few Different Levels in it you can sign up for at the Time of purchase or you can call in and have it added.. but if your Contract is up for renew Hopefully they can reverse the charge and Let you just purchase a new phone if they Don't contact Verizon's Retention Dept. and let them know of this issue and see what they can do for you... Good Luck b33

Links From Verizon First one is for Insurance from Asurion the Second is for Customer Retention..

Insurance Equipment Protection | Verizon Wireless

Customer Retention - Verizon Wireless

mama23dogs
Legend

When in doubt, ask here....

THe phone should have been replaced with Asurion insurance, not Verizon's warranty dept.

Warranty determined the problem was physical damage, therefore not covered by warranty, replaced the phone and billed you for the replacement.

IF you had not been due for an upgrade, you would have had to buy a replacement phone anyway.   Too bad.