any chance of roaming charges in Europe if using wi-fi?
lkj2340j2
Enthusiast - Level 2

can i safely use my S4 in Europe in wi-fi mode with no chance it'll roam since they're GSM and my phone is CDMA?  is there ANY chance it could roam, or should i buy an unlocked GSM smartphone?  I'll buy the unlocked smartphone (as opposed to just unlocked feature phone) if the chance of roaming charges is >0.  I'm interested in apps like Google Maps, transit, etc.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: any chance of roaming charges in Europe if using wi-fi?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lkj2340j2,

We want you to travel having a peace of mind. If you were to turn off data. Settings>Connections>Data Usage>Uncheck mobile data. This will turn off your data. You can still have the chance of incurring voice and texting charges. The way to avoid that is by putting the device in Airplane mode. You still will be able to have wifi on.

Safe Travels,

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: any chance of roaming charges in Europe if using wi-fi?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lkj2340j2,

We want you to travel having a peace of mind. If you were to turn off data. Settings>Connections>Data Usage>Uncheck mobile data. This will turn off your data. You can still have the chance of incurring voice and texting charges. The way to avoid that is by putting the device in Airplane mode. You still will be able to have wifi on.

Safe Travels,

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes