backup
bubs1234

How can I back up my contacts and such. I had the iphone and it had itunes but what does the galaxy 4s have and where do I go to get it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: backup
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Backup to the Gmail account for your contacts. Google+ for the pictures.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Backup to the Gmail account for your contacts. Google+ for the pictures.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Liseey02
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would recommend getting dropbox.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would back up my contacts to Google (Gmail), fast, easy, accurate, reliable, FREE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bubs1234,

I'm glad to see that you are proactive about saving your contacts. After all, losing contacts is easily one of the most inconvenient experiences in the wireless world. All of the options that other community members provided are great! I would like to add another suggestion for you to consider. Another option is Backup Assistant Plus. This is an in-house app  and it's a great way to archive your contacts and other media to My Verizon. For more information on this great option, here's a link for your reading pleasure.

http://vz.to/WNJMeV

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The only problem with this is that Backup Assistant, Backup Assistant + do NOT work correctly. Neither of them store 100% of your contacts and the ones they do store they mix up the numbers both between contacts and inside a single contact itself. My sons phone has BA+ on it and we use it to test this all the time. Out of his 25 contacts BA+ successfully captured 19 of the contacts and refused to load the other 6. Even after loading them directly to BA via the Web, they were still dropped.  Of the 19 that it managed to capture, 7 of them had numbers mixed up between the contacts, and another 3 had the numbers mixed up or dropped all together in a single contact.  The exact same set of 25 contacts appeared on Google (gmail) 100% correctly, and when restored to the phone they were restored 100% correctly as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jakeman1, thanks for bringing this application issue to our attention. It's important that you set up Backup Assistance to sync daily at a certain time. Did you set up this feature? If no, then the newly entered contacts may not sync in a timely manner which can cause issues with updating all of your contacts. For more details about Backup Assistance, click http://vz.to/WNJMeV

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

This feature was set up from the beginning. After a few times of the issues happening I called your phone support. First level of support could not get it to work, Second Level of support could not get it to work so they created a Ticket and escalated the issue. Replaced my phone and had the same issue with the new phone.

0 Likes