battery life dropped after update
markayash
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the update Tuesday 12/24 my battery life has dropped..I was getting a day or 2 per charge and now I am at 75% after an hour or charging.. I don't see anything new enabled in settings..Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: battery life dropped after update
markayash
Enthusiast - Level 2

that update did something..with smart stay off I am back to normal.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jadefu
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm also having this issue! After 3 hours of SITTING ON MY DESK, my phone needed to be recharged. The battery usage graph shows 35% at "system idle" so something is rapidly draining the battery after the 4.3 upgrade. What the heck is up with this??

0 Likes
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

Duplicate post - please visit:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/812849

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jadefu,

Let's see what's causing the problem! Have you recently downloaded any new applications since completing the update? How much battery life are you receiving?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jadefu
Enthusiast - Level 3

After installing the update, I hadn't installed a thing, and my phone went from needing to be charged nightly to needing to be charged after 2 hours. Obviously a big issue! I work with computers for a living, so I'm pretty familiar with troubleshooting on my own. It was pretty clear the only change was the 4.3 update.

The big test was I charged it overnight, unplugged it, went to work, left it on my desk after seeing it said it had a 4g connection (so it wasn't hunting for a signal) and in 2.5 hours I got a warning to plug in my charger. After not even touching my phone. That's when I posted there was an issue. The battery usage graph showed 60% being used by "system idle" which was out of the ordinary when the phone wasn't being used. After charging, this happened again. Since there's no way to backtrack, I backed up my files and over the weekend did a factory reset.

The factory reset seems to have helped the battery issue, but I'm not sure it's at the same level before the upgrade: I'm still testing: but the "system idle" usage is no longer showing up and it's not draining when not in use. However, there's still a major problem with wifi connectivity. I'm getting errors that my home wifi is weak/slow and it keeps dropping and connecting me to 4g instead. Meanwhile, my husband is right next to me using the same phone model, also on VZW on v4.2.2 and his wifi is just fine. As is my wifi only Galaxy Tab 2 right next to me. And I didn't have a problem before the upgrade. Considering VZW charges for mobile data, not being able to reliable connect to wifi is a MAJOR issue that better be fixed. I'm emailing a friend I trust who is a tech support rep this same info.

0 Likes
markayash
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also did a system reset whihc helped some but what I also did was they added a new icon called smart stay..I disabled that and my battery life is better...I had start stay on in the menu before and not sure if its the real problem

i am also gettin wifi unstable messages and I have a $140 router in the same room and I am a nerwork engineer by trade so its not my home wireless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's good to hear that were getting somewhere with resolving some of the concerns that you've ran into since the update. Have you forgot the Wi-Fi network and then re-added? I would also suggest testing in Safe Mode to see if you see any improvement. http://vz.to/1bzjYDR

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
markayash
Enthusiast - Level 2

that update did something..with smart stay off I am back to normal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Markayash,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that you are back up and running. Don't hesitate to reach out to us in the future if you are ever in need of assistance.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes