Re: bluetooth - wireless issues with samsung S4 due to Android 4.2.2 ?
trkrhelp

AGREE TOTALLY - I have purchased my last Samsung phone. This phone simple does not work well enough to be a primary phone - I'm back to my iPhone as my primary phone and the Galaxy is just an expensive mistake Smiley Sad

0 Likes
bjromaine

I too am having horrible difficulties with my newly purchased Verizon S4. It will not connect to anything. I have tried many applications via bluetooth in my car, which is a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. Also one application, MyPhoneExplorer will not connect to the phone via USB, Bluetooth or WiFi.

All these apps worked fine on my previous HTC Rezound including the car.

It is shameful that Samsung is selling this product without proper support. I contacted Samsung a few times and they are very polite BUT not able to resolve the problem.

Another S4 problem is the fact Samsung states apps less than 1G cannot be located on the external memory card. How many apps are out there with 1G or greater required? Not many at all. On top of that, I was going to buy a 32G S4 but alas, none were available anywhere.....

I am so very disappointed that I followed the sales persons encouragement to buy this phone, It is very restrictive, most "special features" are non functional or useless and the standard things like bluetooth, wifi, etc are not properly supported.

Huge disappointment. I was actually going to purchase a HTC One but was persuaded to buy the S4. My bad for trusting the sales person.

0 Likes
Reneplante
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with a Samsung representative and mentioned the WiFi and Blue Tooth problems I was having .  He said he understood and that within a few weeks Version 4.4 will be released and correct the problems with the S4...we will see

0 Likes
shadyridr

Just bought my S4 two weeks ago. I cannot pair it with my 2014 Subaru Forester. I also just bought a bluetooth speaker (JBL Charge). Paired my iPad with it in 5 seconds yet my S4 cannot find it. This is beyond frustrating. Thankfully I have 90 days to return this piece of junk.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi shadyridr!

Let's see if we can figure this out for you! Please follow these steps to see if we can get this resolved for you:

1) Unpair the phone/car from phone2) Delete the phone from the car kit`s internal memory3) Power cycle the phone4) Turn the car off and back on5) Repair the devices and re-test

Keep us posted, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sleuth694

I have spoken with 4 VZW Techs and 2 Samsung Techs about not being able to get my Plantronics M50 or my Jabra BT135 to work properly after pairing them to my new S4 Mini. None of these Techs knew or admitted knowing that there was a Bluetooth issue with the S4 Mini. I was told each time that both earpieces were apparently not compatible with the S4 Mini.  Both were being used on Samsung phones with no issues prior to the S4 Mini. One VZW Tech told me that I should go to a Verizon Store or another retail store and try out various earpieces until I found one that works. That's convenient! From what I have gathered from this thread and other posts elsewhere there is a problem with the OS and that until there is an update the issue will continue. In my state (Illinois) we have a law that prohibits operation of a cell phone while driving unless you are hands free. Does anyone actually know of a Bluetooth earpiece that actually works with the S4 Mini?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sleuth694, it's the law here too as we're located in Illinois, as well. The Samsung S4 Mini device is bluetooth compatible. Since you attempted to sync it to two different bluetooth devices, we can assume that this is a phone issue.

Have you ever been able to sync your device to a bluetooth device successfully? Does our device drop the connection? Have you downloaded any 3rd party applications to your device? If so, some application software may affect the performance of your device. Try running your device in safe mode while synced to a bluetooth device. Here's the steps on how to place your device in safe mode: http://vz.to/1hVT0LB Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Jimweda

I don't get why Verizon support keeps pointing the finger at everyone or every thing instead of admitting that the Kit Kat update  seems to be the culprit. The one thing that seems to be in common in almost every case is that the issues started happening after a system update.

I'm having a common problem in that my bluetooth was working fine until the last system update. Galaxy S4 on 4.4.2 and since then my phone is dropping the bluetooth signal, not my headset losing its connection.

I have 2 headsets that I use with my phone and computer which worked great prior to the update. They still work fine on the computer, but my phones bluetooth signal randomly drops, not the headset. I tried a friends headset and it also works on my computer but when the signal drops on my phone I get no sound from his headset and I have to turn bluetooth on the phone again.

I keep seeing things like its common to drop a signal but the problem is the phone shutting its signal on the phone. Do a soft/hard reset is not the right answer either. For the money we pay every month why aren't you having the programmers figure out what they changed in the new update that's causing the signal to drop. There aren't one or two headsets that this is happening to nor is it one or two phones. It's a majority of different phones that received the update. Doesn't that tell you something? The one thing in common is the updates. You don't have to be a rocket scientists to see the common denominator.

Bad enough they decided we could no longer write directly write to OUR SD card but now our bluetooth signal won't stay on when we want it to. Please own up to your error and stop making people do unnecessary and time wasting hard resets. This doesn't fix the problem and only causes more frustrations.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jimweda, we don't want to point the finger. We just want to address all of your concerns regarding the software update and make this right with you.

Software updates are sent to your device to your device to remove bugs, implement new features, and improve your wireless experience. However, this update can sometimes conflict with 3rd party applications downloaded to your device. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? If so, we recommend that you uninstall any applications that you no longer want and power your device off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted and let us know if this step works for you.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Emily_M
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK it does work in safe mode. So how do I find out which 3rd party app is the culprit?

0 Likes