can not open email attachments. was able to previously. Keep receiving download failed. Receive on all file types, excel power point and jpeg
mrsarm1

can not open email attachments.  was able to previously.  Keep receiving download failed.  Receive on all file types, excel power point and jpeg

0 Likes
Re: can not open email attachments. was able to previously. Keep receiving download failed. Receive on all file types, excel power point and jpeg
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to view your emails is important with your device mrsarm1. We don’t want you missing any of your messages. Let’s see what’s going on here. Do you get this error both when on wifi and data? Are other data apps and services working on your phone? Do you recall adding anything new (apps, software, accessories, etc) when this started?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: can not open email attachments. was able to previously. Keep receiving download failed. Receive on all file types, excel power point and jpeg
mrsarm1

Yes on both wifi and data. Already tried starting in safe mode and factory reset. Still received error message. Sent to Gmail account and was able to open on phone with that account... ??

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your efforts so far mrsarm1. We are still going to keep at this here. What type of email account is it? AOL, corporate, yahoo, etc? Can you open attachments from other senders or does it happen when anyone sends you an attachment? Are you using the standard email app that came on your phone or did you download one from the Play Store?

NicoleB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrsarm1

Hotmail. Attachments from various senders do not work. Standard email app. I also removed the account and re-added. Still didn't work. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This certainly wants to be tricky here for us mrsarm1! We haven’t given up though. Let’s have you check a setting within your email. Open your email app. When at your inbox, click on More, Settings, click your hotmail account if not already selected. In the Limit retrieval size, check to see if it has been set to 50KB or higher. Please make sure this is updated to 50KB or higher and then please try to resend a new email with an attachment.

NicoleB_VZW

0 Likes
mrsarm1

Already did that too! Ha.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are not giving up mrsarm1. I know how convenient it is to receive attachments to your phone. When did this start? Was there any changes done when you notices not being able to load attachments? What troubleshooting steps have you done besides what you mentioned? I don't want to repeat any steps if we don't have to. Try removing the email, add it once again and set it up manually as IMAP see if this works. I am confident we will find a solution. 
JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
h4xintl

I am new to the G6 and have the same problem. I can not open attachments on my Verizon email account, but do not have the same problem on Gmail.

Also, Verizon emails disappear from my phone, even if unread.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s dive into to get to the bottom of this attachment and disappearing email circumstances, h4xintl. To be sure, did you use your Verizon email on a previous smartphone? If so, if you still have this device, then it’s recommended to remove this email from that device.
On top of this, do you have your Verizon email account set up on a computer with Microsoft Outlook or another email client like Windows Mail or Mac Mail on an Apple? If this is the case there may be a setting within these softwares that causes the disappearing act.  For tips on updating this setting head here for PCs http://spr.ly/6589BrmBP or here for Apple : http://spr.ly/6580BrmBu .
Lastly Verizon email does have it’s own app called Verizon My Fios in which you can get your email. So this may be another alternative to explore: http://spr.ly/6581BrmBR

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes