cant send picture messages
joylyn2000

first of all i really like the Samsung galaxy S3 its a wonderful phone but i am having trouble being able to send/receive picture messages. Whenever i try to send a picture it says message failed and also says service not activated on network. so i went and looked at my plan and it says i can send unlimited messages so i would like to know what is wrong and what i can do to fix this problem.

0 Likes
Re: cant send picture messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your cellular data turned on?  Picture texts won't send/receive over wi-fi.

0 Likes
joylyn2000

how do i turn on cellular data or know if its turned on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

joylyn2000 wrote:

how do i turn on cellular data or know if its turned on.

To tell if it is on, there will be a 4G or 3G symbol next to the signal bar on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
joylyn2000

ok i turned my wifi off and tried to send a message and it still said service not activated on network.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you ensured that cellular data is turned on?

0 Likes
joylyn2000

yes it is turned on i have 3G

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there joylyn2000!

Of course, I'm beyond ecstatic to know you're enjoying your SIII thus far. But, when it comes to picture messaging, failure is not an option so let's work on this together and we'll be sure to have you swapping pics in no time.

As advised, having a data connection is paramount for pictures messaging since they transmit over the data network given their file is larger than a regular text. Additionally, though you are provisioned for messages, it's important that you're also provisioned for picture messages. Were you able to picture message on your last device? For now, let's take a look at your current device. It's great to know you've got your data enabled which is the first step but have you had any connection issues outside of sending/receiving pics? My first recommendation would be to turn off your phone, pull the battery, and pull the SIM for 60 seconds http://vz.to/V2jX4r . That will help resync your phone with our network. Please let me know how that works. If not, no need to worry as we can always take a look at your account itself to make sure you're setup with the proper features.

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us On Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Midpitch34

Same thing happened to me.. have you learned anything new?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone who always sends picture messages myself, I realize how important this feature is.  Let’s get it working ASAP.  When did this first start?  Where is this happening?  What specifically happens when you try to send them (error message, won’t send the message, etc.)?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes