constant connect/disconnect on network
DADDIODAVE
Enthusiast - Level 2

When connected to my home (or work, or other) network, the phone continuously disconnects, scans, then reconnects with the network, and I get the little pop-up notifications.

0 Likes
Re: constant connect/disconnect on network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your device is not staying connected to your wifi network DADDIODAVE. How long have you had issues with the phone disconnecting from the wifi at multiple locations? Does your phone have the most up to date software?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DADDIODAVE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its been the last few days, and is concurrent with rapid battery drain, and failure to send and receive MMS messages.

I'm not sure if I have the latest software... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details DADDIODAVE. I know how important it is to be able to stay connected to your WiFi. Being able to send and receive MMS is just as important.

Just to be clear, do you have the S4 or S4 Mini? Visit http://vz.to/2esYgQX and http://vz.to/2hcFLkl for steps on how to view the software version on the phone.

If the phone is working hard to stay connected to WiFi or searching for the WiFi it will drain the battery quicker.

In regards to the MMS, are you unable to send/receive only while connected to WiFi?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DADDIODAVE
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is the S4.

In regards to the MMS, as stated in the earlier post, my phone has experiences a "failure to send and receive MMS messages."  After reading about other Verizon users with similar problems, although on a Motorola Droid product, I stopped using the native text-messaging app, and downloaded and have been running the Verizon Messaging app.  It seems to work fine.

I checked per your instructions, and my phone shows that there are no updates available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm glad you are now using messages +. That's the app that I use. It may be a memory issue or an old message interfering. If you come accross this again. I recommend deleting all old messages and then power the device off then on and retest.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes