contact names change on their own to other contact numbers
JAMCAS26

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 that all of a sudden, the names in my contacts changed on their own to other contact numbers. Example: When Suzie calls me, the phone displays Paul's name but Suzie's telephone number.  Likewise in "recents" the phone shows Paul incoming call but he did not call me. Susie is the one who really called. Has anyone else experienced this before? Do I need to scrap the phone? Need help.

0 Likes
Re: contact names change on their own to other contact numbers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMCAS26,

We want to ensure your contact information is accurate. Let's get to the bottom of this. Did anything change on your device? Do you have your contact information backed up?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMCAS26, we don’t want to cause any confusion with your contacts. Let’s work together to see what’s going on. How are you currently backing up your contacts? (What application are you using) Is your device’s software up to date?

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
crobertson1916

I am having this same issue. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy 9 Note. Please help.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to ensure your contacts are displayed correctly on your phone. When did you start experiencing difficulties with the names changing in your contact list? Were there any recent changes made to the phone when this started? 

0 Likes