Re: customer service
Livebythefly
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here!  I've spent over 8 hours with customer service in the last 2 weeks trying to get a resolution.   They have me $8.64 in credit to my account.  I got dropped at least 3 times.  One of them even wanted to argue with me about something another customer service representative said whemi read the screen shot word for word back to them.  

Verizon is losing its edge.  Been a customer since 2001 and it may be time to look elsewhere. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Livebythefly, We apologize for the experiences you've endured. Your 19-year loyalty means the world to us and the last thing we would ever want is for you to leave us. As a consumer and a smartphone user I know how vital it is for you to have a working phone. I am confident that once the ticket is completed we will provide you a resolution. In the meantime, do you have any other questions or concerns? 

JacobG_VZW

Livebythefly
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon's customer service overall in this matter has been abysmal at best.  I have literally spent over 8 hours at this point either on the phone talking, on hold, in a chat room, with someone.  I have been disconnected, reconnected, placed on hold and transferred and had to start from scratch most of the time.  One representative told me they were afraid to make the move to a 5g phone because of the issues.  Another said they are so busy right now they do nothing but move from call to call with no breaks.  These two statements tell me, the customer, that Verizon employees do not believe in their product and believe it is okay to complain about their job to customers.  Also, one employee took time out to explain to me the minimum requirements Verizon has to meet for speeds on the 4g and 5g network. 

Verizon's marketing says 5G is better and faster.  The marketing says this is the latest and greatest and that my experience will be better than 4G. When I bring this up I am told that in reality Verizon only has a duty to have a minimum speed of 2 to 5 Mbpps upload and 5 to 12 Mbps download but the 5g nationwide network has capabilities of going faster than the 4G LTE network.  Another tech support person tells me that 5G should be a minimum of 50 Mbps up to 200 Mbps.  Which is it?  Is it better or not? 

On 12/5/2020 I received a text from Verizon that said, your ticket is assigned and being worked.  Thank you for your patience.  Next update within 24hrs. On 12/6/2020 I received a text from Verizon that said, your ticket is assigned and being worked. Thank you for your patience.  Next update within 48hrs. On 12/8/2020 I received a text from Verizon that said, your ticket is under continued investigation.  We will notify you when your issue is resolved. 
Here is my complaint.  I bought a brand new phone and paid full market value for a phone that has never been used.  A few weeks later I ended up with a used phone, that I could have purchased a discount if I had done so from the onset.  Now, I have a phone that doesn't work consistently to access the internet unless I am on Wi-Fi but I am paying for a service that should allow me the ability to do this.  Also, I've purchased screen protectors that I've had to replace to protect the factory refurbished device that was sent as a replacement for the original.  This costs money.  

When will I hear something again?  What's next? My latest download speed was 0.01 the one before that was 1.72, 2.15, 0.22, and 2.19.  I had to connect to Wi-Fi to open my email, social media, and even the Verizon application.  Can someone from Verizon articulate what the issue is?  Maybe they could explain to me that there is a network issue, my phone is broken, or that the service they promised is not what they can deliver to the area in which I live?  

If you were me, be honest, would you feel like your 19-year loyalty means the world to Verizon and the last thing Verizon would ever want is for you to leave? Would you feel like Verizon knows how vital it is for you to have a working phone?  Would you feel confident that once the ticket is completed we will provide you a resolution? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand your frustration with the new phone's performance, Livebythefly. We see some of those very low speeds, and we want to ensure things are working fully as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience with us while the ticket is being worked. 

ZakC_VZW

Livebythefly
Enthusiast - Level 3

Checked in because I was told 3 to 5 days and we've went 5 days with things not improving.  The tech said it's going to be 7 to 10 days.  When I asked why they said I was told I'd have a resolution in 3 to 5 and it has changed to 7to 10 days he said im sorry you were told 3 to 5 that was not correct.  It should be 7 to 10. Come on Verizon!  

birdblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain. I've been with Verizon for almost seven years now. The first five years were absolutely great as far as customer service goes. I do however have to admit that this year of 2020 they have not been up to their standards. I've definitely run into a couple of terrible customer service reps. At least they were bad on that day. I hope they're not like that all the time. I've learned that when I reach out to any customer service rep at any company, if they seem to answer my call with the stern or they don't seem happy to hear from me, I whoop hang up and lose connection and try again. I will tell you though in my experience Verizon has the best customer service in the business. I'm serious I'm almost 50 years old and I believe I know a little about this. I again with suggest to just maybe try another rap. Their hold times are relatively low. Also, the longer you're with them, the quicker your calls go through.

Sladorade
Enthusiast - Level 1

i'm 30 and I did that for most of my 20's. and teenage years matter of fact. Last job i did this for 2 and a half years, and received one bad review my entire employment. People shouldnt be working in that field if they're gonna treat customers like garbage. 

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.