data usage every 6 hours
normajprice
Enthusiast - Level 1

11 days ago my phone started using data every 6 hours on the spot. It wiped out our 12gb plan and we got charged extra. We never use over 3gb in a billing period. Any Ideas? Everything is turned of and this happens while we are sound asleep as well.

0 Likes
Re: data usage every 6 hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure you have the right device settings in place to prevent these types of sessions as I know the importance of getting to the bottom of this. When viewing the data usage via Settings>Data Usage, what is the top app consuming the data? Please also make sure the reset date matches the first day of your bill cycle in this menu.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: data usage every 6 hours
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

normajprice wrote:

11 days ago my phone started using data every 6 hours on the spot. It wiped out our 12gb plan and we got charged extra. We never use over 3gb in a billing period. Any Ideas? Everything is turned of and this happens while we are sound asleep as well.

The timestamps on the data usage listed on your MyVerizon account online are when the data is reported not necessarily when it was used. Your phone also has a data counter. You can use it to find which applications are using the data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes