Re: data usage/gaming (I do not play games)  galaxy s4
Snn5
Legend

mama23dogs wrote:

4.  Task Manager Apps have not proved any savings in data use.  It uses more data to reload a task then leaving it it limbo. Exceptions, backing out of video apps must be done properly with 'back button'.

Task manager apps tend to use more RAM, as when closing out a process or app that is intended to run constantly in memory, the phone reloads each of those apps and all their processes again.  Kinetic energy comes to mind:  Easier to keep it moving than to stop and restart the movement again.  However, some of those apps MAY be using data.  Backing out of video apps is always a great idea considering how much data video uses.  Android does a good enough job with app and memory management as it is, but some OEMs have begun putting in RAM optimizing-type features.

mama23dogs
Legend

Thank you, thats a great description.  I could not put into words, what you did so very well. 

Snn5
Legend

Awww, thanks buddy!  Sometimes intelligent words come out of my fingertips. LOL

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Piffle.... Me speaks the truth.

Re: data usage/gaming (I do not play games) galaxy s4
MeIs0826
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went from 1.41 GB to over 5 in less than 3 days and I Never game. 63% data usage for 'gaming' to 74% I less than 6 hours and I'm on my HOME INTERNET!  why?? 

0 Likes
Re: data usage/gaming (I do not play games) galaxy s4
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes