delete a contact Permanently from Samsung SIII
PJGMIG
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI..my first smart phone.. Love it.. How do I delete a contact Permanently from my Samsung Galaxy SIII?

I see I can HIDE them... But what happened was a bunch came over from I believe facebook of folks who I do Not know. But are probably connected to someone I do know.. So many contacts from strangers. Second did YAHOO also update my S3?

Suggestions Please .. Thank you

NEW Smartphone User..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: delete a contact Permanently from Samsung SIII
rcschnoor
Legend

If you have your contacts synced with Facebook, then you would have to un-sync that before you deleted contacts which were populated via Facebook. If you were to delete it, Facebook would most likely just repopulate it.

Yahoo cannot update your S3, however it can update the Yahoo app if you have it installed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you have your contacts synced with Facebook, then you would have to un-sync that before you deleted contacts which were populated via Facebook. If you were to delete it, Facebook would most likely just repopulate it.

Yahoo cannot update your S3, however it can update the Yahoo app if you have it installed.

0 Likes
PJGMIG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi... thanks for taking the time to respond..appreciate it.. not sure how to un-synch?

Yes I believe I have the Yahoo app.. I can get to my YAHOO emails on the S3. Just went to my YAHOO email all I see is a INBOX... and of course my mail.. Plz excuse my ignorance how would I get to my Yahoo calendar or get alerts for meetings.events from my yahoo calendar.. I think you are going to be sry u tried to help me..:)

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I don't use a yahoo calendar. You might want to try the website to see what info they have for adding the calendar to a mobile device.

Edit: I found THIS on the Yahoo site.