galaxy 4 not sending texts ...or randomly ,hot battery and wont charge
rebwie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought my galaxy4 black Friday less than 2 months ago for about 3 weeks my phone wont send texts ...some go through but most don't ..saying failed message after circling to try to send after hours on the phone, numerous calls to Verizon  ,hard reset ,being sent out in snowstorm to replace a sim card ,another hard reset ..losing info, a few safe modes , asking me to delete my  associated gmail account and setting up a new one, talking to Samsung directly ,telling me it needs reflashe and could take 2 weeks to give back to me !!!!!!! and Verizon sayong they can replace my new less then 2 month old phone with a refurbished one ...I finally got sams club where I bought phone to replace it with a new one ( they gave me a lot of trouble ) and I had to wait an hour for store manger to override since return policy is only 30 days ... well after all that I got another BRANDNEW galaxy 4 and GUESS WHAT???? it does the same thing,,,,,,,,, it also doesn't send most texts and after downloading update that new phone asked to do ,it wont charge hardly at all and phone is scalding hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mind you, I upgraded to this phone ,being forced to give up unlimited data and tech tells me today that they have issues with phone texting using wifi...asks me to turn it off to try to push thru texts ...well it doesn't work either ...but now that I pay for data seriously you are gonna tell me I need to use it to text ????? I am beyond upset !!!!!     ps... new phone has been on charge 12 hours ..battery is only  60% !!!!!!   I believe it the update

!

0 Likes
galaxy 4 not sending texts ...or randomly ,hot battery and wont charge
PCMike

I think I have solved it. Turns out my iPad was hijacking my text messages. had to take my phone number off it. Here is how:

Go into your apple devices settings. Scroll down to messages. You will see "send and receive messages'. Make sure that your cell phone number is unchecked. If it is checked, then by default you are receiving the texts to those devices. It works perfectly and my text messages fo to my G4 now that I unchecked my cell number to receive text messages.

0 Likes
Re: galaxy 4 not sending texts ...or randomly ,hot battery and wont charge
rebwie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't have a iPhone or ipad prior to this galaxy4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rebwie,

Thanks for reaching out to the community for assistance with your device and its functionality. I'm confident that we can partner together and get this resolved for you. Let's start with is there any physical or liquid damage on your Galaxy S 4? Also, what software and android version do you have installed? As far as texts, are you using the stock app or a 3rd party app? As you share the details then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rebwie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never had a I phone before

0 Likes
rebwie
Enthusiast - Level 2