getting "process android.process.acore has stopped" error message on S4 at startup.
mlaph

OTA upgrade to Kitkat was successful, however, i now have the error message "unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped" at startup. cant make or receive phone calls, also cannot access apps due to error message being constantly displayed.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: getting "process android.process.acore has stopped" error message on S4 at startup.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mlaph, help is here front and center! The error message displayed can be a corrupted file that didn't download correctly after the software update. Let's test the phone in safe mode to start with: http://vz.to/1lHEexI Keep us posted if the error still appears. You may have to run a hard reset on the device if the error persists: http://vz.to/1lBtfTW This is a last resort option and will erase everything on the phone and get it back to factory settings.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: getting "process android.process.acore has stopped" error message on S4 at startup.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mlaph, help is here front and center! The error message displayed can be a corrupted file that didn't download correctly after the software update. Let's test the phone in safe mode to start with: http://vz.to/1lHEexI Keep us posted if the error still appears. You may have to run a hard reset on the device if the error persists: http://vz.to/1lBtfTW This is a last resort option and will erase everything on the phone and get it back to factory settings.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Admyro

I just fixed this issue with my roommate's Verizon Galaxy S4. He had the error message after the KitKat update and it would continuously pop up. Here's the fix:

1. Go to Settings

2. Select Application Manager under the More tab

3. Swipe over to the All column and select Contacts Storage

4. Click Clear Data

Hopefully that helps.

0 Likes
dkaphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very much interested in hearing a solution to this. I have, for the past two days, experienced an essential shutdown of all phone functions with this error. Contract is up Monday, so I'm probably ditching the phone (LG Spectrum) anyway, but am concerned that any new device from Verizon will potentially have same issues.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Android is the operating system.

Why would you believe Verizon is to blame for the error? Or that it would happen on any other non android devices after any OS update.

Google the error and see if others received it on other carriers and if there is a fix.

Good Luck

0 Likes
dkaphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I know Android is the operating system. I'm concerned about other phones because I've read reports of this error on other phones (Androids). From all carriers. My reference to Verizon had to do with the fact that that is who I'd be getting a phone from. I have no particular belief that it's their fault, other than they've clearly allowed an operating system bug to be distributed to their network. No "fixes" I've seen recommended so far have corrected the issue. I'm hoping to receive actual guidance from Verizon itself.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon gave a solution above in an earlier thread. So there is guidance much as it is.

You have researched this issue and yet admitting not just on Verizon but other carriers as well you then feel hesitant to renew and get a device from Verizon. That "Bug" was done to all providers.

I always look to the Android Forums or XDA to see if solutions or fixes have been listed. I like to also Google it and many times the solutions are found.

Verizon tech support on the phone may have an answer 1-800-922-0204 or *611 from your mobile device. Verizon will only give you what they have as a possible solution on their database.

Good Luck

0 Likes