have to enter the number i'm calling twice before it goes through
KATRUN78

Why do I have to enter the number i am calling twice before it goes through.  It doesn't matter if i dial the number directly or go from my contacts, either way i have to enter the number twice.  It is quite a hassle since sometimes I don't know the number and am now having to look at my contacts list, write the number down and then dial, and then dial again.  I have been on the phone with tech support a few times regarding this and they are not able to fix the problem.  I know that Verizon isn't a strong carrier when i live, however, this is a new problem that just started about 2 months ago.

0 Likes
Re: have to enter the number i'm calling twice before it goes through
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is this occurring when with the number originally dialed as 10 digits? (Xxx-xxx-xxxx)

0 Likes
KATRUN78

Yes.  It's the full 10 digits.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Do you happen to have the family base feature active on your account? It could be due to that

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATRUN78 Having a reliable working phone is important. I’m sorry you’ve been having problems making calls. I want to make sure we get this issue resolved for you. What happens when you try calling the first time(error message)? Just to clarify, you experience the same issue when calling directly from contacts, is that correct? Is this happening in a specific location(zip code)? Please share details. Rest assured we will get this taken care of for you.
EvelynR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
KATRUN78

Yes I do!  I have deleted the app and also cancelled the plan. I reset the phone and it seems to be fixed...

0 Likes
KATRUN78

Yes zip code of 21713. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATRUN78, we are glad to hear that you have been able to solve this calling issue. Was there anything additional we might assist with?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes