home screen apps
videograndpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a new galaxie s5.  there are 8 apps on the home screen.  How can i move an app from the apps section to the home screen. I want to move svoice.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: home screen apps
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change out the apps at the bottom if you want, other than the Apps icon. 

The five apps at the bottom, plus four more apps, the Google search bar, and the weather widget would be a full screen.  Keep in mind you can have seven screens total.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Press and hold the app you want to move.  You should be taken to your home screen.  Place the app wherever you want it, then let go.

0 Likes
videograndpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

That doesn't seem to work.  when i hit the home screen button on the bottom of my phone, my screen shows the weather at the top then halfway down the google search bar, then below that are 8 apps which include the play store.  I want to replace the play store with svoice.  when I press svoice it weems to show my home screen but when i drag svoice there it won't stay.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Whatever app you want off the home screen, press and hold it, then slide up and you should see a pop-up that looks like a trash can and says Remove.  As you're holding the app, slide it to the Remove and then let go and it should be off the home screen.  Then you can move whatever app you want in its place using the steps above.  You also can move apps from screen to screen by pressing and holdiing, then sliding to wherever you want (on the same screen or to a different screen).  Of course, the five apps at the bottom of the screen remain there no matter which screen you're on.

0 Likes
videograndpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK thanks.  I got svoice on  my home screed.  I didn't know that the bottom 5 apps will always be on the home screen.  So, I have those 5 and then 4 above those.  Is that all I can get on the home screen?

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change out the apps at the bottom if you want, other than the Apps icon. 

The five apps at the bottom, plus four more apps, the Google search bar, and the weather widget would be a full screen.  Keep in mind you can have seven screens total.