horrible service after upgrading
suzq13
Enthusiast - Level 1

After upgrading to the S21 Ultra, I cannot hold a call while driving in my area.  I am using a new SKIM card that was sent in the phone, and have taken it out and cleaned it.  I know we have poor service to begin with, but I never used to drop calls the way I am now...the exact same thing just happened to my daughter who upgraded to a new iphone...SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: horrible service after upgrading
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, suzq13. We're very sorry to hear about the issue that has come up with dropping calls since upgrading to your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. We're sad to hear that this is happening with your daughter's phone as well and we certainly want to make sure that we do everything that we can to resolve this. How often would you say that calls are dropped while you are out and about in your area? Are you able to use text messaging and data without the aid of Wi-Fi okay? - BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
suzq13
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are 2 major roads leading up to my area from the highway...one has always had spotty service & now we have none...the other I used to be ok on (1-2 bars), but now I can never keep a call & have 1 bar at most, but not enough to make a call.  At my home, I had 2-3 bars prior to getting my new phone, and now have 1-2 - it varies.  I can use wifi calling but if I leave my house on a call, I lose it by the time I am at the end of my driveway.

As for texting & data, our phones are 5G which we never get here.  Phones say 4G with the 1-2 bars, but the speeds are atrocious. I don't text while driving, but SMS are ok at best, MMS fails. Spotify from the car is ok as long I load my playlist before I leave.  I can't load a new one or switch to a different one once I am driving until I get to an area with better service, which can take 10 minutes. Same thing for Waze or Google Maps...

0 Likes
suzq13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Could it be the SIM card?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details; is this affecting your line only? Did you use Wi-Fi Calling with the last phone? Where is this happening(provide zip code and intersection)?
EvelynB_VZW

0 Likes
suzq13
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you read my earlier posts in this thread, this is currently affecting my line and my daughter's...we both have upgraded our phones recently and are using new SIM cards because of the 5G.  As the problem is while I am driving, wifi calling will not help, as I do not have wifi in my car.  This is happening in 06903, on High Ridge Rd and Long Ridge Rd, north of the Merritt Parkway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details are very helpful, suzq13. You indicate that you experience service issues while driving and this may be the reason for some connectivity issues as your devices have to connect to multiple towers while moving. This and several other factors outside of our control can impact signal and service (sometimes greatly) in a moving vehicle, please review this link to learn more about factors that can impact wireless service (https://www.verizon.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/).

- Antonio

0 Likes
suzq13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply, but the issue is that prior to updating our phones this did not happen in the EXACT areas I am talking about. Our service is these areas was better BEFORE upgrading!  So the problem is obviously something with the phones, as I doubt Verizon downgraded the towers/service in my area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, suzq13. We certainly want to get a second opinion on this issue. We have sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this matter. -Gerson

0 Likes