how do i uninstall the recent software update?
hanjort

I just updated to version 4.3 and does not work properly.  Can I go back to the previous version?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i uninstall the recent software update?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Unfortunately you cannot go back after installing an update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Unfortunately you cannot go back after installing an update.

0 Likes
Cindy62707
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon should add the ability to roll back when there is this many problems...can't make a call--no network found..can't have a security code on phone and be able to make a hands free call because the phone expects you to pull the phone out while your driving and enter the passcode (even though the box is checked in Bluetooth to make a phone call even when locked)... can't use Bluetooth to make a hands free call even with swipe only to unlock screen--it beeps as if it is listening but does not respond to the Call ______ command....Bluetooth does not call out number or name calling you....random flashing of flash when getting a call...even worse battery drain while not even using phone...wiped out customization of screen icons and had to add them all over again...put out the previous version of the OS as a "new" update and let us install it while you fix 4.3!!!!

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would try doing a FDR (Factory Data Reset). Many times these updates do NOT clean up all of the leftovers from the previous OS and the FDR will remove the leftover stuff and install it fresh. It will not install the old OS but the latest version for the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hanjort,

I understand how important It is for your phone to work properly and I appreciate you updating your phone. Software updates are designed to enhance the performance of your phone; once you complete the update to it, you cannot go back to previous software version. Nonetheless, we want your phone running smoothly and would be thrilled to help. What are the specific problems you’re having with the phone since the update?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ke4rit
Enthusiast - Level 1

You know what Verizon, you have customers who DO NOT want these freaking BLOATED updates. This 4.3 update completely sucks!

1. When I pull down the taskbar, how do I make the WIFI (bout damn time you added that), GPS, Sound, etc SMALLER?

2. On my lock screen, how do I uninstall that damn widget for date/time and go back to my default screen that sat CENTERED in the middle of my screen?

3. On the lock screen, why is it so hard to swipe to unlock it now? Hint, that damn date/time widget is getting in the freaking way

4. How do I get my taskbar to NOT blend in with the rest of the wallpaper? You obviously didn't consult people with vision issues first.

5. YES, it appears I'm having the power sucking issue other people have reported.

You know what, I work in an office w/ a bunch of people who have iPhones. At least their interface pretty well stays the same.  I DO NOT want fluff. I want a functional phone.This 4.3 update for me personally is not functional but a huge irritant. Coupled with Verizon used to rule the airwaves here where I live (Northern Indiana) in the analog days but SUCK in the digital world, I guess I'll have to talk to AT&T when my contract is up.

This phone as it is right now is **NOT** worth the money I'm paying for it.

The problem is NOT the Samsung S3, it's YOUR PROGRAMMING Verizon.

I has a Samsung S3 from US Cellular and LOVED that phone. They kept their crap off of it and left the phone alone. It worked GREAT. The same can NOT be said for the Verizon version.

biker74flh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything ke4rit said, and more! Get your **** together Verizon..........

ridethetide

Can the recent update be reinstalled?

0 Likes