how is this possible?
dani51707
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not getting any replies about this so will post again. So for the last couple days when someone calls my phone the other phone on my plan with a different number and type of phone rings as well. Same number calling me is showing up on the other phones call log. Exact same time and exact same caller and it's not happening every time just some of the time. If I call my phone from my work phone it doesn't happen but if my boss and another friend calls my phone it calls both. Why is this and how do I stop it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how is this possible?
Falconwing
Enthusiast - Level 2

This appears to either be Call Forwarding or Single Number Reach.  Check with your company phone administrator to make sure they don't have both phones configured in a Call Manager.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

By any chance are you using Google Voice or have it setup? Using an application that also forwards calls?

0 Likes
Yaakov001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suspect you have numbers on these phones that are similar to each other? Or at least were activated at the same time? You need to call Verizon and have them DEACTIVATE each phone, and REACTIVATE each phone with two completely different telephone numbers. This should solve the problem

0 Likes
dani51707
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not use Google voice. I actually just had my phone replaced about two weeks ago and haven't changed anything. He uses Google voice on his galaxy tablet not sure about the phone. I also do not use a call forwarding app either I only have a couple games downloaded on this replacement phone. It's also not happening all the time. I have noticed it 3 times so far could have been happening longer. I noticed as both phones rang at exact time last night and I said that's weird who is calling you he said a 606 area code which was my boss calling me. Then today they both rang together twice in a row and he mentioned the first 3 numbers and it was a business call I didn't accept and I then tried from my work phone and his did not ring that time.

0 Likes
dani51707
Enthusiast - Level 2

No both numbers are completely different. They were not activated at the same time. Both from two different carriers ported to Verizon in February. 307 number and a 409 number. Not close to the same.

0 Likes
Yaakov001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just so you are aware, strange crap can occur on cell phones. When I had AT&T, someone on Trac-Fone was issued my phone number that I had, and had access to my call records for the prior three months! You can imagine the disaster that ensued from that! I just had to change numbers. You MAY have to deactivate and reactivate. Or it may be as simple as a number change, but in either case, you both need to do it.

Yaakov001
Enthusiast - Level 2

But they were ported to Verizon at the same time, right?

0 Likes
dani51707
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! It is just a strange situation and would have liked it to have been a simpler fix without losing the same number I have had for 6 years lol

No his was in February 2014 mine was last year in march(2013)

0 Likes
Yaakov001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now that IS odd. If you ported at different times, and your numbers are nowhere near alike to each other, I can't imagine how this could be happening. In my situation, the reason was obvious. But this is much less clear.

In any case, I would encourage you to call Technical Support at 1-888-294-6804 from a land line phone. If you call 611 from your cell, or any other number from a land line, you will have to dink around to be transferred to this number. This number will get you STRAIGHT to Tech Support no questions asked.

I got lucky to get this number, as it is normally not given out. But I have my ways of getting things done quicker than most. So give them a call, and see what you can do. And that number will save you a good hour or two of wait time if you call at the wrong time of day.

Falconwing
Enthusiast - Level 2

This appears to either be Call Forwarding or Single Number Reach.  Check with your company phone administrator to make sure they don't have both phones configured in a Call Manager.

0 Likes