how to enable s4 to be able to recieve and send short codes? it used too now it doesnt?
dw11

Can someone please help?  My galaxy s4 used to be able to accept and send short code text messages for coupons and deals that local stores, redbox and coupons are sent with, and now it just displays "failed" when try to send..  i called verizon and they say they don't have any idea?  can someone please help me get this feature back.  All the other phones on my plan can recieve and send short codes, just not mine? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to enable s4 to be able to recieve and send short codes? it used too now it doesnt?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dw11,

Thanks for double checking that! Let's take a look at the settings in the phone itself. Please go to Settings>More (tab)>Applications Manager>All(tab)>Messges. In here, scroll down to the Permissions area and you will see an option for Premium SMS, is this option set to Allow?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how to enable s4 to be able to recieve and send short codes? it used too now it doesnt?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dw11,

This is a strange issue! I know you called in, but let's be sure you don't have this option blocked on your account. Please log into your My Verizon account online. Once there select the option to Block Services. If the block for Premium SMS or PSMS is enabled, you will want to disable it to allow short code messages to go through. Please keep us updated on your findings.

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
dw11

I have checked and none of my services are blocked

On Dec 2, 2014 1:01 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dw11,

Thanks for double checking that! Let's take a look at the settings in the phone itself. Please go to Settings>More (tab)>Applications Manager>All(tab)>Messges. In here, scroll down to the Permissions area and you will see an option for Premium SMS, is this option set to Allow?

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
dw11

OMG Sandy, you are the best!!! it worked.... this has been driving me

crazy for 10 mos, i should have found you earlier, would have saved me

some grey hairs!!!

Thanks again, and this would be something good to post on your FAQ site!!

Diana

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dw11!

Awesome! Thanks for the update, we're here if you need us.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes