i can't save photos from text messages and cannot access keyboard
Mattlili

does anyone know why i can't save pictures from text messages received and why i am unable to access my keyboard to type out messages?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i can't save photos from text messages and cannot access keyboard
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

When you press and hold on the picture...it does not give you an option to save the image?  Also for the keyboard issue...go into settings/application manager(it may also say apps/manage apps).  At the top scroll over and select all.  Scroll down and find messaging and tap on it.  If you have an option to clear data and force stop then select them(it wont delete anything).  Once done go back in the list and see if you also have anything that says keyboard or android keyboard and do the clear data/force stop on that also.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

What phone do you have?

0 Likes
Mattlili

i have a samsung galaxy s3. i don't know why but i am unable to reply in the message board

0 Likes
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

When you press and hold on the picture...it does not give you an option to save the image?  Also for the keyboard issue...go into settings/application manager(it may also say apps/manage apps).  At the top scroll over and select all.  Scroll down and find messaging and tap on it.  If you have an option to clear data and force stop then select them(it wont delete anything).  Once done go back in the list and see if you also have anything that says keyboard or android keyboard and do the clear data/force stop on that also.

0 Likes
i can't save photos from text messages and cannot access keyboard
Mattlili

ok i was able to save the photos and i want to thank you for letting me know there was another way to save them. i usually just hit the option button to hit save attachment. but i tried the keyboard thing and it didn't do anything plus i could not find keyboard or android keyboard in the list

0 Likes
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

Hmm...if you are still having the keyboard issue, do the same steps but in the list find where it says messaging or text message and do the clear data/force stop and see if that works!

0 Likes
woody0804

The issue is in the touch feedback settings which we can't modify.  Make sure when long pressing you stay perfectly still and the sub menu will pop up.  It takes a bit longer than it used to.

0 Likes