i keep getting a "screen overlay detected" message, and when i go to settings it wont allow me to do anything
MsAnna

I do not understand why all over sudden I started to receive this message. It wont let me post pics or anything else... rather frustrating. does anyone else have the same issue? Thank you

0 Likes
Re: i keep getting a "screen overlay detected" message, and when i go to settings it wont allow me to do anything
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?  Do you have any of the Accessibility or Developer settings turned on?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: i keep getting a "screen overlay detected" message, and when i go to settings it wont allow me to do anything
MsAnna

I have samsung galaxy s6 edge plus, and I do not think so

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MsAnna

Thank you so much for giving us that information. It really did help. There is a fix for this issue. This link will give you instructions on what you need to do for your device: http://bit.ly/2a8aFCD. Let us know how it goes.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
exmarinesgt

I followed the above link to fix the same issue on my s6edge and it did not fix my problem with the screen overlay detected issue even after I turned off all the yes checkmarks

0 Likes
exmarinesgt

I followed the link you provided @Miss Anna to fix the detect screen overlay issue resolved with no success. Help I can't do anything with my phone due to this problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us up to speed, exmarinesgt. Let's continue working towards an answer to this concern.

Please place the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/20hx6cC when you have the opportunity. Safe mode will give us more information on whether or not there is an app present that is part of the problem. Have you added any new apps or software updates recently?

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

exmarinesgt, I can understand your concern regarding the screen over lay message you are receiving on your phone. I would like to try “Wiping the Cache Partition” I have provided the instructions below:

Samsung

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

1.Turn off the device.
2.Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:•Volume Up key
•Home key
•Power key.
3.When the phone powers on and displays Samsung power on logo, release all keys and the Android icon should appear.
4.When the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.
5.Press the Volume down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
6.Press the Power key to select.
7.When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
8.Press the Power key to restart the device.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes