is there free voice mail service? if so how do i get it to work? all i see when i click the voice mail icon is the accept/decline for visual voice mail and that says theres a charge?
bcantu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there free voice mail service? if so how do I set it up? When I click on the voice mail icon all I see is the accept/decline agreement for Visual Voice Mail and it said something about charges will be applied on my bill so I declined.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: is there free voice mail service? if so how do i get it to work? all i see when i click the voice mail icon is the accept/decline for visual voice mail and that says theres a charge?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Your Basic voice mail is a free required program for you if you do not want Basic Visual Voice mail (free) or Premium which is a paid service. Basic Voice Mail set up is free and easy to do.

1. Sign in to your My Verizon online account.

2. On left side of page in Blue letters find the drop down menu. Click to open menu then go to change features and locate Basic Voice mail and click the Red add button.

3. When you're done making this change click next at the bottom of the screen and then ok.

4. Now go into your device and set up your  Basic voice mail program. You may continue to receive an error message for a period of time “Visual voice mail update”, just clear and disregard.

0 Likes
Re: is there free voice mail service? if so how do i get it to work? all i see when i click the voice mail icon is the accept/decline for visual voice mail and that says theres a charge?
bcantu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply,

I added the Basic Visual Voice Mail on my account so how do I set it up on my phone? when I go to the voicemail app icon it has the visual voice mail terms and conditions for me to accept or decline but it says the download and use of this app will be billed on a per-megabyte basis, or according to any data package you have. and it says standard rates apply to any calls, emails or messages initiated from visual voice mail. so how is this free? or am I in the wrong place?

Kind regards,

Bertsie Cantu

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Question: You want Basic Visual Voice Mail and that is what you have added, is that correct?   Premium Visual Voice Mail will be billed at $2.99 per month. Basic Visual VM is a free service so I do not know why you are getting a message saying you will be charge for a service that is listed as free. I think you need to recheck what service you have added on.

0 Likes