latest android version for Samsugn s4 mini
MATCAW14

I have an old S4 mini and would like to have the latest android available for it for an app that I would like to use.   The current version says 4.4.2  in the status tab.    I see from Samsungs website that 5.0 is available.   Is it available through verizon software updates?   Is there something else that I need to do besides check for software updates?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: latest android version for Samsugn s4 mini
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure you aren't looking at the version for the S4 and not the S4 Mini? The S4 Mini has been updated since 2015. Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MATCAW14, having the latest software on a phone is important especially if required for a particular application. As our community member Ann154 pointed out the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini hasn’t received an update since 2015 and that was for Kit Kat 4.4. The Samsung Galaxy S4’s latest update was to Lollipop 5.0. In order to get the latest software update the phone would need to have a data connection. If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance which can be found here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-update-upgrade-assistant/.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MATCAW14

Thanks.  It is an s4 mini. I am disappointed with the lack of upgrades, but i guess that this is how they sell equipment.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung made that choice not Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes