lollipop drains my batter
HTCUser7654
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the lollipop upgrade my battery drains and wireless turns off.  Subsequently I've used most of my data plan unknowingly.  Plus app icons do not show up that are listed in app manager.  How can I easily revert back to KitKat or when will the lollipop problems be solved?

0 Likes
Re: lollipop drains my batter
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HTCUser7654, I understand the importance of having a working phone as well as having data to suit your needs. With software updates, as your wireless provider, we do not support changing your software but have you tried doing a master reset since the latest update?

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HTCUser7654
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi @natashaA_VZW

What do you mean "Master Reset"?  Do you mean "Factory Reset" - back to original factory settings?

What do you mean that you don't support changing my software?

Whatever this problem was after the lollipop upgrade is draining my battery, which turns off my wireless (or some other problem with the update causes this) which requires me to use data, which costs me more money if I go over my limit.

Do you look at the other posts that have this same problem?

Do you look at other forums that have numerous posts with this problem?

When will Verizon work with Google and/or Samsung to rectify this problem so that normal users don't need to reboot in safe mode, do cache wiping or other nonsense that a normal user shouldn't have to do?

Or will you offer a free upgrade to a device that works better with lollipop?

Thank You.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HTCUser7654, my apologies for not clarifying. Software updates come directly from the manufacturer of the device. As your wireless provider, we simply ensure the software will work with our network. Therefore we cannot effect, upgrade or downgrade any software. You definitely have the option to contact the manufacturer directly if you want to try and change the software but that is what I meant when I said we, your wireless provider, cannot change it.

Typically with any software, there will be a lot of changes on the device. It is best to do a master reset or factory data reset (both mean the same) so that you can, in a sense, clean the software from any bugs that any 3rd party applications may bring to the table as many of them of them are not up to date with the newest software. Click here for the instructions to perform the reset. http://vz.to/1NTEAgi Be sure to back up your phone’s content before proceeding with it.

Lastly if you like, I can send you a private message and we can explore what your upgrade options are.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HTCUser7654
Enthusiast - Level 2

@NatashaA_VZW

I appreciate your civility.

If it hasn't been escalated already, Verizon needs to use its market share power with Google and address the issue of lollipop.  This was a disastrous upgrade.

Our data usage was typically nil before.  Now, because the wireless goes out, my wife is unknowingly using all of our data plan.  This is directly linked to this operating system upgrade.

THIS IS NOT 3rd PARTY - IT"S THE OS!  It may be 3rd party to Verizon.  Doesn't Verizon have a say in what OS upgrades they approve for the devices they sell?

Sorry that this is a rant, but something should be done about this.

Do you have statistics on your users that have had issues with lollipop?

cnet forums gives lollipop 1 star out of 5.  Doesn't that tell you something?

I guess if anything, this will give apple and Windows a boost.  Your market planning folks should get ready for increased demand there.

Kind Regards and Thanks for your Reply.  No reply is necessary,  I'm sorry but I'm leaving the question unanswered.  I hope that doesn't ruin your personal stats.  It's not your problem.  It's your company's.  Escalate it if you haven't already.

Tim

0 Likes