lollipop update broke play store
ddepuy81

I installed the lollipop update yesterday and things went mostly as they should, with one exception. Smart Launcher 3 Pro was missing. 

No problem, I went back to the play store to resintall it. When I attempted to do so, after the download I received the following error:
"An unknown error occured. -505"

After some research I discovered that this is an error which occurs when an application is removed but the data is still present.

I used Androxplorer to attempt to access the data/apps folder, but found it was either empty or the files were hidden.

Since I was unable to manually remove the data, I moved onto the next step: a factory reset.

After the factory reset I was unable to download or update any applications. The play store "install" button is available, and upon tapping it the progress bar appears but the application never updates.

I opened my apps list to find that 30 apps were attempting to update. I left the phone on and connected to my home wifi for four hours. I manually stopped the updates and attempted to install smart launcher only, but it behaved the same way. Also, the verizon data protection software is attempting to update in the same fashion and cannot complete the update.

At this time it is not possible for me to use the play store at all. I tried the factory reset again just to see if maybe something went wrong the first time. This is where I left off.

Does anyone have any advice?

0 Likes
Re: lollipop update broke play store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm so sorry to learn you're experiencing these problems with your phone since the update, ddepuy81! As updates are supposed to enhance your phone. When you did the Factory Reset, was your phone completely wiped? Did you have to set your phone up as a new phone again? I'd like to see if there's something with the RAM. How much space is actually available. If there's less than 15%, this could be the reason why.  You can check by going to Apps> Settings> from Internal Storage, view remaining space, (located under Available).

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes