mobile data is dropping since the latest update. I have to keep restarting the phone in order for data to be active again.
dtrelf

I've had my galaxy s6 since June 2015 and never had any issues with mobile data.  Since the latest update (within the last month) my mobile data keeps dropping off and won't connect unless I restart my phone.  My wife has the same phone and hers is doing the same thing since the update.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: mobile data is dropping since the latest update. I have to keep restarting the phone in order for data to be active again.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are designed to enhance versus hinder your device and I’m here to help!  What is your current zip code? Have you downloaded any new applications since the update? Do you experience the issue in or outdoors?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: mobile data is dropping since the latest update. I have to keep restarting the phone in order for data to be active again.
Murph28

My wife's, son's, and mine are all doing the same thing. I have done a factory reset and this did not fix the problem. It is obvious it is a software update problem. I took the phone in to the local verizon store and they agreed and said Samsung would need to push an update. I'm on the edge plan and I'm paying a monthly fee for each phone and all 3 are not working like they are supposed to. My problem also started with the last update. I have emailed Samsung and they seem like this is something they haven't heard of. This is very frustrating that no one wants to take ownership of. I have been able to get the mobile data back by turning on airplane mode then turning off. This is way faster than a reboot. Mine also seems to be related to wifi. When I am on wifi the phone doesn't want to reconnect to the mobile data. If I start the phone without a wifi connection it stays on mobile data until I connect to wifi then it won't go back to mobile data without the airplane mode toggle or a reboot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Murph28-

Having a working phone is certainly important. As a consumer myself, I depend on my phone so I can understand your concern. Does this happen at the same location or everywhere you go? When you completed the factory reset, was your phone automatically restored with your apps and files? Please share with us those details so that we can help find the best solution.

CarmenT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Murph28

Yes it was restored automatically except for a few apps. I only factory reset my phone, not my son's nor my wife's. The data drop was happening before the factory reset and also after. All 3 of our phones started doing this at the same time. This happens on any wifi connection I use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Murph28,

We truly appreciate all the steps you have taken so far. It is definitely alarming to see that this has been occurring to all 3 phones. I would recommend trying out the Software Upgrade Assistant: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/

Let us know if you see a difference afterwards.

ChristineJ_VZW

0 Likes
dlmichener

I can confirm that I too am having the same trouble with our two Galaxy S6 phones (mine and my wife's).  At home our phones are on the home WiFi.  Leave the range of the WiFi and the phone no longer automatically reverts to mobile data access.  I have to toggle Airplane mode to get mobile data working.  I've tried turning off the phone's WiFi but that doesn't help. I've tried toggling the Mobile Data icon and that also doesn't work either.

As the others here have stated, this worked fine prior to the update listed here (LMY47X.G920VVRU4BOK7): Samsung Galaxy S 6 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: mobile data is dropping since the latest update.  I have to keep restarting the phone in order for data to be active again.
dtrelf

Zip Code 03220.  I haven't downloaded any new apps.  I can't define when it usually happens because I am in and out all day long.  I do have wifi at home and a network extender.

0 Likes
Re: mobile data is dropping since the latest update.  I have to keep restarting the phone in order for data to be active again.
dtrelf

Yes it is very frustrating.  Thanks for the airplane toggle idea.

0 Likes
Murph28

Go to Samsung support site and send them an email about your problem. This is a part of the email I got back stating no one has reported having any problems after the update.

I appreciate your patience and efforts for performing a factory reset but the issue stands unresolved. Honestly, there are no reported issues with respective to the device or update.

Evidently they won't do anything until more people complain about it.

0 Likes