no signal or data after update
mel26

I have a galaxy s7 and I updated my phone last night to the security update. After the update I no longer get signal or mobile data. I went to the store today and they gave me a new sim card and said to do a factory reset to see if that helps. I did the reset and it still does not work. I have checked all my settings. My phone states the radio is off. I am not sure what would cause this or if I can turn it back on. Any one have anymore suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: no signal or data after update
stef7
Master - Level 2

Radios off typically means you've engaged Airplane mode. Attempt to turn off Airplane mode. Is it called Flight Mode on your device, or only in the UK?

How do I turn Airplane Mode on or off on my Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge? | Samsung UK

If that doesn't work, try this:

Software Update - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

mel26

I have done all troubleshooting. I wish it was that simple. Unfortunately, I am getting a replacement phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm disappointed to hear that troubleshooting did not resolve the issue with your device, mel26. A software update certainly should not cause such an issue with service. That is good news that you are covered for replacement under warranty. I want to make sure you are backup and running again. Have you received your replacement device? If so, is it working correctly for you?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mel26

Yes I did receive my replacement phone and it is working. I'm afraid to do the update on it. Is there a way to turn the notification off to stop asking me to update my phone?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

No. I would back up your content. Take the update. Perform a Factory Device Reset, then load your content and apps.

mel26

This is the update that broke my other phone. May I ask why I would factory reset after the update? That doesn't make any sense. If you read the majority of the other posts about this update you will see it is no good. I'm leaving it be and not updating.i don't want another broken phone.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I assure you I read all the other posts.

To your question - often an update doesn't leave the device in a pristine state like it would if it were brand new, with nothing on it. Some people perform FDRs before taking the update. Imagine that. Some perform an FDR after an update. Some merely need to perform a System Cache Wipe (not the same as an Application Cache Clear) post update.

... And if you are *very* lucky, you don't perform an FDR or a System Cache Wipe and you are OK. You don't have to take my word for it, but over the years, on many different devices, I've taken updates maybe 15-20 times. About 20-25% of the time, I had to do nothing post-update. Things worked fine... But when they didn't, I followed the recommendation and performed a FDR, and proper behavior was returned to the device.

You will not be able to defer the update indefinitely. Eventually, it will be performed all by itself.

Good luck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mel26, having the newest software on your device make your applications and device run better. I apologize that you encountered issues with your device after you updated your software. I am confident that you won't have issues after you update your software on your new device. stef7 is correct, you will need to update your software eventually. If you ever have issues with after you update your software, you can use the software repair assistant. Check it out. http://vz.to/2fq90QA JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes